[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 05:41:21 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs in Win32Pad 1.3  (Read 90103 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: May 05, 2003, 07:11:10 am »

Known issues:
o Help file needs to be updated.
o Need to check the setup code. But it should be ok.
o Unicode support (double-byte) characters is NOT currently implemented. I might add this to a later version.

I have updated the version of NSIS used, maybe there is a way to clean up the setup script

Please report any issues, ideas, flames here.

Gena01

Koala

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2003, 10:20:23 am »

Only a small typo... should be "Print dialog"

x Fixed the settings in Pring dialog to print page ranges.

Other than that.....it works perfectly :)
We finally got the line numbers!! Hurray!

Could you kindly consider the addition to the types of filters
beside *.txt ? Keep up the good work !! ^_^
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 11:16:00 am »

Quote (Koala @ May 05 2003,11:20)
Only a small typo... should be "Print dialog"

x Fixed the settings in Pring dialog to print page ranges.

Other than that.....it works perfectly :)
We finally got the line numbers!! Hurray!

Could you kindly consider the addition to the types of filters
beside *.txt ? Keep up the good work !! ^_^

Heh, not enough sleep. :)

Gena01
laserlight

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2003, 10:51:34 am »

hehe, yeah, I would like to ask for association with the .php extension too.

Well, I dont think this is much of a bug, but when minimize to tray is used on a full screen instance of win32pad, on maximization it takes on the default size again.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2003, 11:28:31 am »

Quote (laserlight @ May 06 2003,11:51)
hehe, yeah, I would like to ask for association with the .php extension too.

Well, I dont think this is much of a bug, but when minimize to tray is used on a full screen instance of win32pad, on maximization it takes on the default size again.

Ah, yes... I see it.. will take a look at this when I get home.

Gena01
Controller

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2003, 09:35:27 am »

2 Bug:

1. Start Win32Pad, type any nonsense; Now press backspace to delete about half of that nonsense, and press undo ... and your document is empty!!!

2. When copying and pasting a new line, Win32pad does not make a line-break, ... It's maybe not a bug, but getting on my nerves :) . (Sometimes it even works, maybe it depends on a dll file or other software. Once it works, it works forever, but when reinstalling windows, it does not) (Please note that I'm using a tuned windows 95)
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2003, 09:55:05 am »

Quote (Controller @ May 08 2003,10:35)
2 Bug:

1. Start Win32Pad, type any nonsense; Now press backspace to delete about half of that nonsense, and press undo ... and your document is empty!!!

2. When copying and pasting a new line, Win32pad does not make a line-break, ... It's maybe not a bug, but getting on my nerves :) . (Sometimes it even works, maybe it depends on a dll file or other software. Once it works, it works forever, but when reinstalling windows, it does not) (Please note that I'm using a tuned windows 95)

You might want to install new version of riched20.dll (since the one that comes with win95 is really old and buggy).

Gena01
laserlight

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2003, 09:57:21 am »

I'm running Win98 2nd ed., cant seem to reproduce the deletion bug.

As for the line break thing, never seen it before.
Do you mean that the multi-line text copied somehow doesnt have the 0x0d 0x0a characters (assuming windows)?

If it is only a single line, it is quite possible that you copied without those characters on your own.
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2003, 12:03:05 pm »

Not a bug, but I really like the fact that you now get the message, "File has changed.  Reload?"

Now when I open a file twice, or when someone else is editing the same file as I am, I'll know it.

Great!

Had I thought that you would be able to implement that, I would have suggested it a long time ago.  (And I though VIM was the only editor to do something like that.)
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2003, 11:20:15 am »

Thanks for your concern about the Double Byte characters. But I have found another strange bug. I don`t if you notice that the undo and url menu items have the same accelerator"R". What`s more, the url menu item is always disabled(grey). So would you please check it out?
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2003, 09:22:33 am »

Quote (Guest @ May 10 2003,12:20)
Thanks for your concern about the Double Byte characters. But I have found another strange bug. I don`t if you notice that the undo and url menu items have the same accelerator"R". What`s more, the url menu item is always disabled(grey). So would you please check it out?

Hmm... thanks for pointing this out. I will resolve this in the next version.

Gena01
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2003, 10:29:53 am »

Cursor cannot be seen with some background color
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2003, 10:31:24 am »

Since you're giving it away for free, why not make it Open Source, and we can help you?
MKairys

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2003, 08:11:58 am »

In Win32Pad 1.2.2 Bugs was the following:

When the statusbar is disabled and I load a text that is longer than the window height, the vertical scrollbar does not appear.

You replied:

Posted: April 07 2003,21:43  

Thanks Wim,  for reporting this. I have managed to find the problem and fix it.. Will be fixed in the next release.

However I see in 1.3 that the problem is not entirely fixed. If the window is initially larger than the text and is resized smaller the scrollbar does not appear. It appears as soon as the window is resized larger.
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2003, 10:43:59 pm »

There is a small bug with the reload from file feature.
If I make changes to a text file and save it, then open a new file in the same window (either by dragging or the file dialog). The reload file dialog pops up to ask me if I want to reload the file (the  file I've just saved and want to close). If I click on no, there is no problem and the new file loads, but if I click on yes (to reload the file being closed) I get the following error message Can't open file ""! The specified path is invalid.
One thing that might be effecting/creating this error is the following: I renamed the win32pad.exe to notepad.exe to fool windows into thinking that win32pad is notepad.

Other than this little problem, win32pad is looking good.
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: