[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 05:49:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Whois 0.9.13  (Read 71294 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: June 18, 2007, 04:30:56 pm »

Please report issues, bug reports, ideas here.

Gena01
m.soentges

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007, 07:29:48 am »

Hi,

I found your nice whois client for windows just a few minutes ago. My colleagues were asking for a windows solution, cause they don't like using a SSH shell to a Linux system just for whois lookups. So I was quite happy when I found your windows client.

There is however some improvement to be done for querying whois.denic.de for .de domains. The default request only shows whether a domain is availble or in use. I suggest to insert "-T ace,dn" just before the domain name, this will instruct whois.denic.de to deliver all domain information including nameservers, holder-c, admin-c and so on.

Perhaps you'll take this into consideration and include it into 0.9.14.

I'm sure, many people would like that, too, especially those frequently requesting .de domains.

Best regards

Mark Soentges
Duisburg, Germany
sergey_ukr

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:09:26 pm »

Hi,
I'm quite interested to know, how do you discover the domain from the given web site address? For example, when I type www.informatik.uni-augsburg.de, the program outputs Domain: uni-augsburg.de. Which is correct. But how do you do this? Do you maintain internal database of all top level and country code top level domains or do you use some DNS lookup to discover this informaton.

Sergiy,
Augsburg, Germany
sergey_ukr

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 03:13:58 pm »

... and do you have then also to maintain the lists of all public second level domains (co.uk, etc.)?
Yakumo
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 10:17:22 am »

Any chance of a quick upgrade for the .asia ccTLD? Smiley
Ruford42
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 09:43:44 am »

Could you add a second input box or toolbar so that users can specify a given WHOIS server.   For instance, querying specific netblocks at ARIN or RIPE usually means I have to resort to another client.   
boleemenee
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 08:41:46 am »

IDN support will be great too

суп.su = xn--o1adg.su

etc..
boleemenee
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 12:27:09 pm »

new zone: .me

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.me
Richard
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 02:31:27 am »

Doesn't seem to have support for .fm TLD.
Richard
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:25:20 pm »

Well I dug around, and apparently dot.fm doesn't have a proper WHOIS server, only a web-based lookup.  Sheesh.
pavshinAN

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 09:22:11 am »

But how do you do this? Do you maintain internal database of all top level and country code top level domains or do you use some DNS lookup to discover this informaton.

*Link Removed*  в Москве
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: