[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 11:03:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.6  (Read 112230 times)
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2004, 11:12:50 am »

Quote (Guest @ Nov. 11 2004,10:28)
I use Chinese Traditional Labguage

When i copy a string

it cannot past to other place(i.e. forum)

Try version 1.5.0
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2004, 04:46:51 am »

Can You add the function of ordering alphabetically lines of text?

Regards!!
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2004, 04:11:52 pm »

Congratulations, I have discovered Win32Pad 4 days ago, and it is really nice.

Faster and smaller than build-in Notepad, and with new features.

Good job!
Robert

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2004, 08:03:25 am »

Hi Genady,

I just discovered a minor issue.
In my file there is similar text like

Code Sample

IF EXISTS (SELECT *
                FROM  sysobjects
                WHERE type = 'P'
                    AND name = 'spm_DeleteRecord')
       DROP PROCEDURE spm_DeleteRecord
GO

Only when I double-click the second (unquoted) instance of the text DeleteRecord the whole word DeleteRecord is selected properly.
The issue is, that when i double-click on the first (single-quoted) instance , the quote gets selected in stead.

Keep up!
Robert
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2004, 11:14:11 pm »

I know Joel Simpson has already requested this feature, but I would also like to say that i'd also like to see tabbbed editing panes in win32 pad.
Im not advocating a full mdi interface, just the ability to have multiple files open in the same instance, as this stops the desktop from becoming too cluttered. However a splitable edit pane would also be nice (for comparing two files)

Other than that, Win32pad Rocks bigtime!
laserlight

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2004, 10:51:32 am »

I second (third?) the suggestion that (at least) a basic tabbed interface be available.

I still would like to know, would you ever release Win32Pad under an Open Source license?
You could always adopt a ramson model with a reciprocal license.
i.e. release the next version of Win32Pad under the Open Source License after people have donated a certain amount, or a certain time as passed... otherwise release it as freeware like the current situation.
therube

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2004, 04:47:58 pm »

'spm_DeleteRecord'

Thats a cool bug!
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2004, 10:23:21 pm »

Quote (therube @ Nov. 29 2004,16:47)
'spm_DeleteRecord'

Thats a cool bug!

I am looking into this. Not sure if i can fix this for 1.5.7, maybe next version.

Gena01
laserlight

« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2004, 06:58:40 am »

I am looking into this. Not sure if i can fix this for 1.5.7, maybe next version.

It only seems to apply to the alphanumeric string just before a (group of) single quote(s).
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2004, 10:50:17 am »

Quote (laserlight @ Nov. 30 2004,06:58)

It only seems to apply to the alphanumeric string just before a (group of) single quote(s).

I might have to override the way the word selection is done. Can somebody spec it out.. like what's beginning or end of a word which symbols can the word contain, etc...

Gena01
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2004, 10:54:39 am »

Bug: Unable to save settings unless logged in as administrator.

Win32Pad behaves very badly in a multiuser environment. It requires administrator rights to function properly. Start Menu icons should be located in the All Users folder and win32pad.ini should be located in the users Documents and Settings folder.

It would be great if Win32Pad adhered to the "Designed for Windows XP Application Specification" (specifically section 1 chapter 3: Data and Settings Management): http://www.microsoft.com/downloa....BC29D54
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2004, 04:12:10 pm »

Suggestion:

What do you think about adding tabs so several files can be oppened in the same window !!

Anyway I have to say THANK YOU, Reallly, for this great notepad.

My Regards

Salvador
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2004, 10:27:44 am »

Thank you for all your feedback. Obviously there's a lot of suggestions, feature requests and bug reports.

It will take some time for me to go through the whole list.

My current plan of action is to split things up, fixing the obivous or the simplest issues first. I am trying my best to make sure that i don't introduce any unexpected issues, but obviously it's not a simple task.

I have some Beta testers that are testing the builds, but more testers are needed to go and test all possible combinations, settings, environments.

If you want to be a tester, register in the forums as a member and send me a private message.

Thank you.

Gena01
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: