[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 03:14:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.0 Feedback  (Read 144025 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2004, 08:03:42 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Mar. 10 2004,01:23)

Here is more info for this situation. There are several cases where this is an issue.

1) When I am opening a file, the default filter is *.txt and I have to switch it to *.* to look at the files in a folder for the simple reason that most of my files are not .txt files.

2) When I am saving a file using "Save As", if I do not switch the filter from .txt to *.*, it will add the .txt extension to my existing filename. For example, if I have a file named script.cgi and I want to save a copy of it in another folder, if I don't switch the filter to *.* then it will save the file as script.cgi.txt . Having made this mistake a few times, each time I have to go to Windows Explorer and rename the file back by removing the .txt extension. Needless to say, this is a bit of a problem.

3) The final case is if I am saving a new file for the first time, again I have to remember to switch the filter to *.* or else whatever I type in filename text box will have the additional .txt extension added to it when the file is saved.

Thanks for looking into this for me.

1. I might add that in in one of the next updates.

2 and 3. I actually spent some time looking into this. It appears that CommonDialog control (the windows open/save as) has a way to detect extensions. The way it works is that it checks to see if an extension is in the registry (has programs associated with an extension) and if it does then it will NOT add "txt" extension. One way to "fix" it is to create an association for "cgi" extension. It should fix your problem.

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2004, 08:08:18 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Jan. 11 2004,22:44)
I've noticed that, when "word wrap" mode is on, the total number of lines shows up as "0" -- For example, when I first open a text document with word wrap on, the bottom right of the window shows "Col:1 Ln: 1/0". I realize that calculating the total number of lines in word wrap mode is tricky, so for now perhaps simply omit displaying the total number of lines when in word wrap mode?

Also, I have a suggestion. When the "Full Path in Title" option is checked, the full path is also shown in the taskbar button, making it hard to quickly identify individual files if there are several documents open from the same directory. Would it be possible to show the full path only the title bar, and have the taskbar button show just the file name without the path?

Thanks for such a wonderful text editor! :)

I need more information on to how to reproduce this. I am not seeing it here.

Gena01
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2004, 02:10:15 pm »

Hello, there is a bug for the symbol €. Why this symbol isn't take in consideration?

Thanks
henrik

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2004, 02:40:49 pm »

Quote (Guest @ April 22 2004,21:10)
Hello, there is a bug for the symbol €. Why this symbol isn't take in consideration?

Thanks

I can use the € char in my win32pad installation.

What kind of bug is it? Could you explain what happens and when?

What version are you using for win32pad, richedit.dll and OS?

Cheers,
Henrik
Rikmenspoel

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2004, 06:51:08 am »

Diskettes were ruined by defective diskdrives, problem seems to be over now.So win32pad was not the cause! Thanks.
« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2004, 12:34:11 pm »

First off, thanks for making such a wonderful product.  I'm pretty big on minimalism (I despise bloat) and I use win32pad for every project I ever have to do, in any language (aside from, say, VB or VC++ projects).

In any event, I was wondering how hard it would be to add a plugin capability so that other features could be added as necessary.  I know I, personally, would love to have syntax checking for Cold Fusion, PHP, ASP, HTML and C.  Now, I understand that many people won't need this (or want this), which is why I suggested adding plugin functionality - this way, with a well defined specification, other authors could write plugins to do these tasks.

I don't know the state of the design and code for the win32pad project, so this may not even be possible without a complete rewrite (and I wouldn't expect anyone to do a complete rewrite for this functionality), but if it is possible, would this be something you would take an interest in implementing in future versions?
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2004, 07:29:32 am »

I downloaded your program as I was looking for some peculiar functions in an editor (which I still cannot find). It is a great program, but not what I'm after.

I am having problems removing the program. I associated Win32pad with text files. Whewn it is deleted, if I view source in IE, it says can't find Win32pad blah blah.

Any ideas? Thanks
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2004, 07:35:14 am »

Quote (Guest @ June 22 2004,08:29)
I downloaded your program as I was looking for some peculiar functions in an editor (which I still cannot find). It is a great program, but not what I'm after.

I am having problems removing the program. I associated Win32pad with text files. Whewn it is deleted, if I view source in IE, it says can't find Win32pad blah blah.

Any ideas? Thanks

There are several things you can do to fix this:

1. Win32Pad 1.5.3 will address this small issue.
2. Install win32pad 1.5.2 select "Edit with Win32pad" and then uninstall it should cleanup.
3. Edit the registry manually. Find and delete the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\View Source Editor

(delete the whole View Source Editor folder)

P.S. What are some of the features that are missing for you?

Gena01
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2004, 09:20:57 am »

I am at a Bible college here in Australia.

I search a lot of writings that are in large text files. I am looking for something that will search biggish text files but I would like to be able to use a "near" operation. It allows me to find particular passages, with common words, that do not appear in a regular phrase. For example, WordA within say ten words of WordB. I hope that makes sense.
therube

« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2004, 10:28:31 am »

Start here, & they provide other links also.

WanyWord v. 4.00
TextSearcher with BOOLEAN and NEAR Operators
http://home4.inet.tele.dk/jensguld/
« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2004, 02:20:05 am »

thanks a heap!!!!

that looks excellent.  :D
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: