[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 05:07:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feedback for Win32Whois 0.7  (Read 43925 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: April 04, 2003, 08:48:30 am »

Please report issues, bug reports, ideas here.

Gena01
Koala

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 09:40:40 am »

Verified ip lookup now working :)

Jumps for joy!

Optional feature : Saving of query history, with option to clear history. (Something like browser )

But then....the present version (0.7) is already doing everything I wanted. Great work !   :laugh:
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 09:58:23 am »

I use whois mostly for anti-spam. Is there a way to:

1. start at a specific nic. For instance, query JAPNIC directly.
2. Pass along a flag. Another example, querying JAPNIC with /e suppresses Japanese output and forces replies in English.

Thanks! It's a nice product!
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 12:51:08 pm »

Hmm... it should go to Japnic for certain top level domains. And it should add "/e" since I remember adding that option a few versions back. If it's not working correctly then please post a testcase  so that I could replicate the issue on my side.

Thanks

Gena01
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2003, 02:28:51 pm »

version 0.5 works fine, but i get error messages with versions 0.6 and 0.7. When I do a query Windows 2000 says : 'proces has ended. Please restart this programm. ' I am the only one with this problem?

Kind regards
Eelco

Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2003, 10:33:08 am »

Quote (Guest @ April 20 2003,15:28)
version 0.5 works fine, but i get error messages with versions 0.6 and 0.7. When I do a query Windows 2000 says : 'proces has ended. Please restart this programm. ' I am the only one with this problem?

Kind regards
Eelco

[email protected]

A few questions:

- Do you have a static or dynamic IP?
- Does the program crash for ANY data input or specific cases?

I still need to fix up my DNS client code, which seems to be rather problematic at this point.

It consists of 2 parts:
1. Retrieving Local DNS Server(s).
2. Querying DNS for information.

Hmm... are you willing to do some testing if I give you some debug builds.

Gena01
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2003, 11:53:50 pm »

0.7 works perfectly fine for me ! Thank You !

I have 2 suggestions for you :

1) Though I believe that Win32whois is the best FREE whois client available on net, I can hardly find it at most of the software download sites (eg. Tucows, Download.com, Zdnets ...). I was just lucky to get it from one of my friends. You should submit this little nice program to those big d/l sites and let millions of people to enjoy your masterpiece !

2) I have added a "win32whois toolbar button" on my IE6. Whenever I browse any website that I'm interested in getting the domain details, I just press the win32whois button, input the domain name and all the relevant information will be showed up. Is there any possible way that win32whois will search the info automatically without me entering the domain name ? For example, if I go to www.yahoo.com in IE 6, can it be possible that win32whois will get the info for yahoo.com automatically without me entering the url ?

Thank You !  :laugh:
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2003, 05:24:28 pm »

Test :O
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2003, 10:17:48 pm »

Quote (Guest @ June 27 2003,00:53)
0.7 works perfectly fine for me ! Thank You !

I have 2 suggestions for you :

1) Though I believe that Win32whois is the best FREE whois client available on net, I can hardly find it at most of the software download sites (eg. Tucows, Download.com, Zdnets ...). I was just lucky to get it from one of my friends. You should submit this little nice program to those big d/l sites and let millions of people to enjoy your masterpiece !

2) I have added a "win32whois toolbar button" on my IE6. Whenever I browse any website that I'm interested in getting the domain details, I just press the win32whois button, input the domain name and all the relevant information will be showed up. Is there any possible way that win32whois will search the info automatically without me entering the domain name ? For example, if I go to www.yahoo.com in IE 6, can it be possible that win32whois will get the info for yahoo.com automatically without me entering the url ?

Thank You !  :laugh:

I will take a look at this, but no promises.

Gena01
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2003, 03:28:12 am »

Great prg!

Idea: is that possible to implement a batch process to check an external txt file with a lot of IPs from the Apache log file?
Will be great and so useful for web analysys!!!
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: