[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 08:28:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.1.4 (to be released soon)  (Read 51796 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: July 25, 2002, 10:32:10 am »

Here is the current change log listing differences from 1.1.3:
* Shows # of replacements done
* Show Full Path in Title
* Stay On Top
* Mac file support
* Block Indent/Oudent
* Tabs to Spaces
* new Right Click menu ( when right clicking on a URL you will get an extra URL menu)
* Added "WordWrap" button to toolbar.
* Added "Properties" button to toolbar.
* Added "Execute" button to toolbar (runs/opens the file being edited).
* Fixed Find/Replace (added up/down and updated the logic to search from current cursor position)
* Menu and code cleanup.
* Removed the font limitation.
* Rewrote file loading code. (To fix the cookie.txt file loading problem. Note: saving cookie.txt file will use the line endings for the currently selected file format.)

What else are we missing for this release, or something that really needs fixing?

P.S. I have "line numbers" and "insert/overwrite" cursor code in my development version, but it still needs work to merge into the stable branch.

Gena01
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2002, 07:59:03 am »

hello gena01

superb programm! i'm using it since a long time. :)

could you please make the url-doubleclick behaviour,
which you introduced in 1.1.3, optional?
i liked the one click handling better.

thank you very much for your nice editor and your
interest for our (user) suggestions.
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2002, 02:03:01 pm »

:) hey there! win32pad! rocks! is a very good, very well coded, small an fast app! :) and i really like it, and use it everyday!

this maybe stupid, but im just wondering if it can be ported to windowsce/pocektpc 2002!

ill be glad to hear from you genadi :) thank ppl!
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2002, 08:46:33 pm »

Quote (Guest @ July 29 2002,15:0)
<!--emo&:) hey there! win32pad! rocks! is a very good, very well coded, small an fast app! :) and i really like it, and use it everyday!

this maybe stupid, but im just wondering if it can be ported to windowsce/pocektpc 2002!

ill be glad to hear from you genadi :) thank ppl!

I currently have no plans to support pocketpc for 2 simple reasons:
1. I don't have access to wincowsCE at this time to do development and testing.
2, I don't feel compelled enough to implement anything for windows ce at this time. (esp. since i code at my spare time and don't charge any money for my programs at this time)

P.S. I have been playing with a thought of setting up a paypal account for donations.

Gena01
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 11:40:53 pm »

* Block Indent/Oudent

I do not see how to do this?
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2002, 07:56:04 am »

To use Block Indent/Outdent select a block of text and use <TAB> to indent and <SHIFT>+<TAB> to Outdent.

P.S. I might add that to the help file and edit menu in the next release.

Gena01
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2002, 09:50:27 am »

Thanks.

And how about * Stay On Top?
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 10:17:01 am »

Couple of "bugs"?

Help-About.  If the about window is left open, and you click on another (fullsize?) window, the About dialog box remains hidden behind the other window.  Clicking on the Win32pad icon on the taskbar does not gain back control.  You have to minimize the other window that you had clicked before Win32pad will "re-appear".

Auto-indent.  If auto-indent is on, a "blank" line is actually a line of whitespace (the length of which is the size of the indent).  And when you "cancel" auto-indent, by returning to the left margin - home or arrow key, whitespace is left at the end of the next line entered.

BTW.  Excellent program.  I am not complaining.  Just pointing out a couple quirks.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 12:10:23 pm »

Firstly fantastic program, I use it and nothing else to create my web sites and PHP code.

One quicky for you. When you do a search and replace and it finds multiple occurances and you stop it at say the third one (and the cursor goes to that point) when you then click on Search and replace again it doesnt start from the same point, it starts from the begining of the file again.

Regards,

Rikki
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 12:18:44 pm »

Quote (Guest @ July 31 2002,13:10)

One quicky for you. When you do a search and replace and it finds multiple occurances and you stop it at say the third one (and the cursor goes to that point) when you then click on Search and replace again it doesnt start from the same point, it starts from the begining of the file again.

Are you using v1.1.4 or v1.1.3?

Gena01
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2002, 07:30:09 am »

The option for always on this is the first option I select when right clicking on the Taskbar. Is there a way to change the order with the close option? Or maybe an setting to enable/disable this feature in the menu.
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2002, 02:26:44 pm »

It would be nice if we could change the color used for URL highlighting. Otherwise, it limits the background colors which can be used.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2002, 04:13:10 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 28 2002,08:30)
The option for always on this is the first option I select when right clicking on the Taskbar. Is there a way to change the order with the close option? Or maybe an setting to enable/disable this feature in the menu.

This is fixed in v 1.2
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: