[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 04:45:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.7  (Read 132559 times)
therube

« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2005, 12:56:39 am »

What does the "Smart" Home option do?

Home would normally take you to the first column of the line.
Smart home takes you to the first non-whitespace character of the line.

I don't care for it, but so be it.

You have to hit HOME HOME to get to the first column of the line (if there are spaces there).
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2005, 10:11:08 am »

Found a funny bug:
1) Using Terminal Font
2) There might be other chars that does the same, but as you can see in the Image this is caused by Char(&hB9).

Hope it could be fixed soon, either on myside or in the code :)
Thanks
K3NNY

« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2005, 03:49:05 pm »

Home would normally take you to the first column of the line.
Smart home takes you to the first non-whitespace character of the line. [...]

Thanx for the explanation!

__                                    
|_   _   _  _    \   / .  _ |_        _  |
|   (_) |   (_)    \/  | |   |_ |_| (_| |
http:www.foro-virtual.com.ar
K3NNY

« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2005, 11:12:51 pm »

I've mailed you a Spanish copy of the program Gena, I hope you publish it!

__                                    
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2005, 04:14:05 pm »

If you put all the UI messages and texts into one file that would be easily translatable and then added the possibility to select the language of user's choice in the program. We as users could help you with translations, as long as all the texts would be in one file. Easy as pie. It would be nice and it would also help to spread Win32pad.
K3NNY

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2005, 04:32:39 pm »

If you put all the UI messages and texts into one file that would be easily translatable and then added the possibility to select the language of user's choice in the program.

That would be lovelly,but it ain't easy to do, I guess. In which language are you making Win32Pad Gena?

We as users could help you with translations, as long as all the texts would be in one file. Easy as pie. It would be nice and it would also help to spread Win32pad.

You can use Resource Hacker (google it) or any other resource editors to change almost any of the texts. Thats the way, aha aha, i like it... ehm... COF... thats the way i did it.

__                                    
« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2005, 08:52:25 am »

I think Gena is bored...
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2005, 03:16:33 pm »

I am not bored, just rather busy lately. Got too many things happening. Been also researching some things and some new ideas.  

Another little project of mine is open source Yahoo plugin for Miranda IM.

Gena01
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2005, 03:52:38 pm »

Never looked at Miranda, is it nice?  Maybe I'll take a look but I quit all IM programs since we lost the good old ICQ many years ago.
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2005, 04:49:36 am »

i've seen gena01 nickname in miranda devs team, so it was you:)

Well, it seems now only me have had problems with fonts in win32pad (when win32pad use one font for showing but other font when typing). fixedsys font in my case, as i recall, i'm using Arial for a long time now, because of that ..mm bug:)

and now, other little problem: As you know you can add "Edit With Win32pad" line in every file context menu during install setup. And it works, and i like it. But with MSI files this line get higher priority, it actually becomes default action. So if you double click MSI files you get hanged win32pad instance instead of running some installation or else. It works fine with other extensions.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2005, 10:16:04 am »

Quote (Guest @ Mar. 27 2005,04:49)
i've seen gena01 nickname in miranda devs team, so it was you:)

Well, it seems now only me have had problems with fonts in win32pad (when win32pad use one font for showing but other font when typing). fixedsys font in my case, as i recall, i'm using Arial for a long time now, because of that ..mm bug:)

and now, other little problem: As you know you can add "Edit With Win32pad" line in every file context menu during install setup. And it works, and i like it. But with MSI files this line get higher priority, it actually becomes default action. So if you double click MSI files you get hanged win32pad instance instead of running some installation or else. It works fine with other extensions.

You probably are missing a "default" setting for MSI Files.

To fix it:
1. Open up Windows Explorer (WIN + E will also do the trick).
2. Select Tools menu and then Folder Options.
3. Select FileTypes tab.
4. Scroll down the list of extensions until you see MSI
5. Select/Click on it.
6. It should say that it opens with windows installer.
7. Press "Advanced" button.
8. You should see a list of Actions like "Open, Repair, uninstall". Open should be bold if it's not bold select Open and press "Set as Default" button. It should turn bold.
9. Press ok to apply the change.

From now on it should open up fine.

Thank you,

Gena01
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2005, 03:09:22 am »

oops:) Havent thought about this simple solution. Thanks:) But why this priority changes after win32pad install?
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2005, 10:51:16 am »

Quote (Guest @ April 16 2005,04:09)
oops:) Havent thought about this simple solution. Thanks:) But why this priority changes after win32pad install?

It didn't change. There was no default, and since I setup to open all files it kinda overrides it if there's no default. This way you can edit with Win32Pad most of the filetypes.

Gena01
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2005, 01:49:48 pm »

Quote (Gena01 @ Jan. 17 2005,10:49)
This is probably related to text being from a different language than English. I am planning on adding Unicode support which should resolve this.

Gena01

that's exactly what i came here to ask for
Unicode support would be great! :)

BTW, why is it easier to open huge text files with word than to open them with Win32Pad?

my PC is really fast with 1 GB of ram and yet it got stuck when trying to open a huge file with Win32Pad while ms word could open it after being stuck only for a while
davidshq

« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2005, 03:47:04 pm »

Would it be possible to add a feature that would allow you to choose the default file format you want Win32Pad to save in? For example, I use it a lot for ASP.NET and it would be nice if it defaulted when opening/saving to that format rather than TXT.
David.

- http://www.civilwarsearch.com/ - Civil War Search Directory.
- http://www.dhq.nu/freewargames/ - Free Wargames Directory.
- http://www.dhq.nu/wanderingmind/ - Quotations Collection.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: