[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 11:53:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad v2.x  (Read 209363 times)
« on: February 08, 2002, 05:21:03 pm »

I have started doing some spring cleaning of Win32Pad source code. I am currently reworking the code and restructuring it.
I am also thinking of adding a ton of new features and fixing some old bugs. Some of the existing features will be analyzed
and rewritten. I am also thinking of redoing the menus structure and adding much awaited Options and About dialogs.
Please use this thread in order to suggest new features or submit bug reports.

Gena01
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:16:55 pm by Gena01 » Logged
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2002, 01:38:32 am »

A spell checker would be really nice.  Thanks for such a great product!  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:16:07 pm by Gena01 » Logged
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2002, 12:51:34 pm »

thank you for this great product!
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2002, 07:17:33 am »

"Find" & "Replace" cannot work correctly in Chinese OS.
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2002, 12:26:56 am »

there are an awful lot of feature-rich text editors out there, so if you add a lot of stuff, will you continue to make the latest 1.x release available?

a basic feature that would be nice: Ctrl+arrow_keys scrolls horizontally or vertically.

keep it clean, and keep going. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:18:24 pm by Gena01 » Logged
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2002, 10:03:00 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Feb. 18 2002,00:26)
a basic feature that would be nice: Ctrl+arrow_keys scrolls horizontally or vertically.

whoops... i think i meant Alt+arrow_keys...
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2002, 02:47:20 am »

It could be interesting that Win32Pad to be multilingual using a simple text file like WGens (http://gens.consolemul.com/) or MPEG Audio Collection (http://www.jfaul.de/)...

Thank you for your great program !
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2002, 12:31:30 pm »

It could be interesting that Win32Pad to be multilingual using a simple text file like WGens (http://gens.consolemul.com/) or MPEG Audio Collection (http://www.jfaul.de/)...

In terms of multilingual you mean support for multiple languages for menus or multiple languages in text files?

One thing that I noticed lately is that RichEdit control does a poor job with various "Script"/CharSet settings. At this point I am going to continue to stick to RichEdit until I have a somewhat stable version with enough features. Maybe then I'll switch to either using some other editing code or writing my own.

I am actually interested in adding translation to Menu items and various options. However considering the fact that the layout of menus is still being updated we'll have to wait until I am pretty happy with the new menu layout.

P.S. If you want to do translation please let me know that you are interested and what language you want to translate to.

Gena01
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2002, 10:27:05 am »

So when can we expect 2.x?
 :)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:19:02 pm by Gena01 » Logged
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2002, 11:01:20 pm »

oooooooh... and command line switches for things like line numbering, word wrap, etc. are really nice when you have win32pad associated with many different type of files...  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:19:27 pm by Gena01 » Logged
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2002, 08:18:16 am »

I've a great advice.Please add dos charset to your cute text editor and it would be the best editor.Because I can't read dot txt files:(.
Thanx for attention
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2002, 06:07:39 pm »

Eugene,

You can use "Terminal" Font already with Win32Pad and it should have support for DOS characters.

Gena01
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2002, 11:59:30 am »

bug\question
Does not highlight URLs, email@address...
"Can't change URL detection" - what does that mean?

suggestions to new version:
1) options to set\remove\autohide: menu bar, tile bar (fullscrean mode)
2) menu. shorten menu string:
- move menu item VIEW to OPTIONS
- move menu item INSERT to EDIT
- move menu item WORDWRAP to OPTIONS
- menu->help->about: clickable urls
3) by default options:
- wordwrap=on
- highlight urls=on
- set default filename("untitled01.txt" for example)
4) drug&drop files to win32pad should add text to existing file, not open new file (opening could be done by doubleclick or rightmouseclick->"open with..." features)
5) context menu:
- remove wordwrap
- add "email" item: crops the selected text, launch default smtp client, paste text into it.
6) autocomplete words from a text file (when typing a word win32pad offer complete word from file autocomplete.txt). Like autotext option does in M$Word. Do not create this file automatically. Use if it exists.

Thanks for nice program.
Robert

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2002, 05:48:51 am »

Hi Genadi,

Looking forward to this new version.
I'd like to remind you on my requests for searching backwards, HotKey(s) for the Search & Replace options (I suggest F3/<shift>F3), reassigning the Revert HotKey to F5. I hope they will be among the new features.

Furthermore I was thinking that it would be nice to have an AutoIndent to be able to do some serious scripting. Think of this in combination with user-defined tab spacing... Awesome!

But! I agree with keso, who added a comment on the Win32Pad v2.x Screenshot page:
Most important is... win32pad 1.x is nice and small!
Keep it lean and mean.

Good Luck!
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2002, 03:50:00 pm »

Actually "User-defined tab size" and "Auto-indent" are currently implemented in v2.x series.

It's currently being tested by a couple of people (via private ALPHA builds).

Gena01

Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to: