After posting previous item on the end of PHP4 I thought it would be beneficial to put up a number of pointers for those who are still using PHP4 and are looking for information that will ease the pain of migration to PHP5.
So without further ado here are some resources:
- http://www.php5.org/ - is a great and little known resource on PHP5. It has a ton of links and information.
- http://www.derickrethans.nl/files/breaking.pdf - PDF version of a talk given by Derick Rethans ( then man behind PHP4 releases).
- http://www.slideshare.net/mayflowergmbh/migration-concepts-for-enterprise-php-applications/ - a great presentation on Migration Concepts For Enterprise PHP Applications. It covers both MySQL and PHP migration.
- http://ilia.ws/archives/147-Why-are-you-not-using-PHP-5.html - Ilia Alshanetsky ( the main behind PHP5 releases) has a link to PDF talk that he gave on benefits of PHP5.2.
- http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/library/os-php-v5migr/ - a nice guide from IBM.
- http://www.phparch.com/c/books/id/9780973862195 - This is a recently published book that contains 300+ pages that focus on migration to PHP5. It's a great resource by a great author. A number of people have given this book great reviews.