[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 01:20:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.7  (Read 132544 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: December 05, 2004, 08:48:35 pm »

Please report feedback on Win32Pad 1.5.7 in this thread.

Gena01
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2004, 09:27:43 pm »

HI
First of al - thanks.Great programm I use since...I even don`t remember.Maybe version 0.01 :)
A only little problem I met is I can`t select less than 4 characters. If I like to copy one or two letters only I have to use Shift+ > e.t.c.
I don`t know when this has begun, but is time to be stopped :)
If you fix this I promise never to use ANY other text view/editor.
Thanks again.Keep up....
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2004, 10:36:45 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 07 2004,21:27)
HI
First of al - thanks.Great programm I use since...I even don`t remember.Maybe version 0.01 :)
A only little problem I met is I can`t select less than 4 characters. If I like to copy one or two letters only I have to use Shift+ > e.t.c.
I don`t know when this has begun, but is time to be stopped :)
If you fix this I promise never to use ANY other text view/editor.
Thanks again.Keep up....

Can you please give me step by step instructions on how to reproduce this? Can you also specify Windows version you are using as well as the riched20.dll version.

Thank you.

Gena01
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2004, 01:46:16 am »

Please, can I make two requests?  If its not difficult, these are the only two things that keeps me switching permanently from Emeditor.
1) An option to select column-wise. Like in Word and other editors, hold down the alt key and select downwards to select and then cut or copy the column.

2) Possibility to highlight all instances of a text that is searched.  When I press ctrl+F and search for "the", all instances of the word "the" should be highlighted and the cursor is to be placed on the first found instance.

Thanks
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 10:41:53 pm »

Hi,

I downloaded w32pad 1.57 and tested it.
I found that there's a bug in this version.

I can cut and paste data in ASCII and Trad. Chinese from microsoft wordpad to win32pad; but I *only* cut and past *ASCII data* from win32pad to wordpad.

This problem has been existed since win32pad 1.55.

Thanks,
davidshq

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 03:28:16 pm »

Thanks so much for Win32Pad, I never used Notepad anymore and I use Win32Pad in a number of situations, from viewing plain text files to programming. I have a recommendation for the next version. I love the way you added the New Instance option, but would it be possible to do it in a tabbed feature? Like Mozilla Firefox's tabbed browsing?
Another thought...Could you add a button that would allow us to set a favorite dir. That way when we go to save or open a file we could easily set or goto that favorite dir. I really like this feature in Pegasus Mail.
David.

- http://www.civilwarsearch.com/ - Civil War Search Directory.
- http://www.dhq.nu/freewargames/ - Free Wargames Directory.
- http://www.dhq.nu/wanderingmind/ - Quotations Collection.
henrik

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 04:00:43 pm »

Quote (davidshq @ Dec. 16 2004,21:28)
Another thought...Could you add a button that would allow us to set a favorite dir. That way when we go to save or open a file we could easily set or goto that favorite dir. I really like this feature in Pegasus Mail.
David.

You can always use the program DialogMate http://www.weird173.net/apps/dlgmate.html
It gives you the ability to add favourite folders to mostly any Open/Save dialogs.
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 06:07:23 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 13 2004,22:41)
Hi,

I can cut and paste data in ASCII and Trad. Chinese from microsoft wordpad to win32pad; but I *only* cut and past *ASCII data* from win32pad to wordpad.

Thanks,

I have also been unable to copy and paste text after going from v1.52 to 1.57. Cut and paste do work. Copy and paste work in and across all other apps, just not on text within Win32pad. Returning to v1.52 restores the copy and paste utility. (W98SE)

-Still a great program!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 06:31:24 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 16 2004,18:07)
Quote (Guest @ Dec. 13 2004,22:41)
Hi,

Thanks,

I have also been unable to copy and paste text after going from v1.52 to 1.57. Cut and paste do work. Copy and paste work in and across all other apps, just not on text within Win32pad. Returning to v1.52 restores the copy and paste utility. (W98SE)

-Still a great program!

Doh!!!

Installing the newer version of riched20.dll (5.30.23.1200)resolved this. Previously file version 5.0.140.1 was installed.
dmhsds

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2004, 03:32:52 am »

Hi, Gena01, Thanks so much for Win32Pad, I never used Notepad anymore and I use Win32Pad for a portable text editor !

but I didn't want to produce this file of Win32Pad.ini , And I wanted to deleted the recentfiles through a function key after I have used the program and didn't want to make the Recent detailed Files list keep down.

Would the program change the default  value as 'not' that the setting of 'RecentFiles'  of 'option' of 'tool' or  others ,so it produce  no longer the Win32Pad.ini .

Still a great program!

Thanks again!
therube

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2004, 10:39:46 am »

Recent Files can be turned off in the options.
Tools | Options | Recent Files

As far as not using an .ini (or registry), that is probably not a bad idea.  Suppose it would either have to default to not storing settings, then prompt on exit, or you would have to know that you had to click a setting to change it to make it store settings.
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2004, 11:33:19 pm »

hi, i think that your program is very well, but many of my friends only speak spanish, so can i translate the program in spanish??. I'm asking you for permission.

Please reply to jairmoreno @ gmail.com
RidgeMcGhee

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2004, 12:49:51 am »

Thanks for maintaining this editor.

It seems to work fine on Win2000 and WinXP but
I have problems on WinNT4 (SP6).  Most notably,
the line numbers don't display properly.  Is there
a new dll I should download to fix this?

Thanks!
schnook9

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2005, 01:10:06 pm »

Howdy,

I have noticed on occasion that certain text, when opened in Win32Pad, will show as unprintable chars.  This often happens when I attempt to open html source code from my browser, in the editor, and I can't figure out what it causing it.  Any ideas?

Thanks!
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005, 10:00:38 am »

There is a big bug since the 1.5 release.
If I select more than 2 lines of Chinese texts, the paste then does NOT work. This problem does occur to the English texts, so I think it should be a double-byte character related bug. Please check it out. Thanks! PS: I use Windows XP.
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: