[Gena01 Logo]
March 19, 2024, 04:15:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to unattended Install Win32Pad?!  (Read 47777 times)
wesmosis

« on: August 09, 2005, 09:23:23 am »

hey guyz
I tried the /S switch , but it didn't work becoz a window appeared while installing the software via RunExOnce.cmd telling me to read the readme file?!
I'de like to unattendedly install win32pad in which it will take notpad extensions file types, and also I need it in a specific Font (Tahoma) and the Option of (Exit On Escape) enabld
is that possible?
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 11:36:10 am »

Quote (wesmosis @ Aug. 09 2005,10:23)
hey guyz
I tried the /S switch , but it didn't work becoz a window appeared while installing the software via RunExOnce.cmd telling me to read the readme file?!
I'de like to unattendedly install win32pad in which it will take notpad extensions file types, and also I need it in a specific Font (Tahoma) and the Option of (Exit On Escape) enabld
is that possible?

I will look into not showing the readme part if its silent install. Regarding the settings. The installer does not generate win32pad.ini file so you could create a proper win32pad.ini file and then copying it over to the users system after the setup is completed.

Gena01
wesmosis

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 01:18:08 pm »

I will look into not showing the readme part if its silent install.

Oh please! Tongue

Regarding the settings. The installer does not generate win32pad.ini file so you could create a proper win32pad.ini file and then copying it over to the users system after the setup is completed.

look what I've done and tell what's wrong (since it the settings still not ok with me)
I replaced the Notpad.ex_ from the i386 source by your file win32pad.exe , in which no more crappy notpad.exe! Tongue, and to be smart I made a file named notepad.ini ,full of my settings
yet I made another win32pad.ini just in case. of course the 2 ini files reside in the windows directory allong with the notepad.exe  which is (Win32Pad) but in Disgiuse !Tongue
but when I install my windows under VMware, ok the txt files opened with win32pad, but without my fav. settings (more importantly the  Font into Tahoma , Exit on Esc & Save Position  which BTW you should put the 2 latter settings as Default )
waiting for your answer
thanx for the Arabic Support!Tongue
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2005, 02:49:55 pm »

Quote (wesmosis @ Aug. 09 2005,14:18)

I will look into not showing the readme part if its silent install.

Oh please! Tongue

Regarding the settings. The installer does not generate win32pad.ini file so you could create a proper win32pad.ini file and then copying it over to the users system after the setup is completed.

look what I've done and tell what's wrong (since it the settings still not ok with me)
I replaced the Notpad.ex_ from the i386 source by your file win32pad.exe , in which no more crappy notpad.exe! Tongue, and to be smart I made a file named notepad.ini ,full of my settings
yet I made another win32pad.ini just in case. of course the 2 ini files reside in the windows directory allong with the notepad.exe  which is (Win32Pad) but in Disgiuse !Tongue
but when I install my windows under VMware, ok the txt files opened with win32pad, but without my fav. settings (more importantly the  Font into Tahoma , Exit on Esc & Save Position  which BTW you should put the 2 latter settings as Default )
waiting for your answer
thanx for the Arabic Support!Tongue

Ok. the INI file is always "win32pad.ini" and is actually read from 2 places:

It checks the same directory as win32pad.exe for win32pad.ini. If the INI file is not found then it checks User's personal directory. This is users' Application Data directory and then
     Gena01\win32pad\win32pad.ini

So for user wesmosis it will be something like C:\Documents and Settings\wesmosis\Application Data\Gena01\win32pad\win32pad.ini

It will also create the application directory if it doesn't exist.

Gena01

wesmosis

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2005, 03:32:19 pm »

so you mean the better thing is to make 2 win32pad.ini files just in case,
one resides beside the (notpad.exe which is win32pad.exe) in the c:\windows
and the other I put it in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Gena01\win32pad
since I'm using the Adminstrator account
?
I hope you understand that I replaced Notepad.exe forever by Win32Pad.exe in the c:\windows folder by ModifyPE
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005, 04:51:01 pm »

Quote (wesmosis @ Aug. 09 2005,16:32)
so you mean the better thing is to make 2 win32pad.ini files just in case,
one resides beside the (notpad.exe which is win32pad.exe) in the c:\windows
and the other I put it in
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Gena01\win32pad
since I'm using the Adminstrator account
?
I hope you understand that I replaced Notepad.exe forever by Win32Pad.exe in the c:\windows folder by ModifyPE

Hi,

Check out the new 1.5.9 release. It should resolve the silent install readme messagebox issue.

Thank you,

Gena01
wesmosis

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005, 03:26:06 pm »

wo thanx man!
I think it's silent with /S switch
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: