[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 04:14:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad Status  (Read 87986 times)
« on: July 11, 2001, 09:54:57 pm »

Win32Pad is currently on hold as I am collecting and fixing only critical things at this time. There was one bug that was found and fixed. Other stuff is pretty much feature requests.

Please submit feature requests here and I will see what I can do about it. Currently I want to get Win32Get out the door and then start adding features to Win32Pad. However  if there is something really interesting and won't take long time to implement then I am going to release new version of Win32Pad.

Gena01.

duke n

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2001, 02:18:06 pm »

Hello Gennady.
I am using Win32Pad 1.0.14 and I must say that it is the greatest Notepad replacer I have ever seen if speaking from point of view of ballance between size and functions(Or else one can just take Word2000 that weights 150 megs :)).

Starting from the later versions(don't remember which) and up until now there is the problem with Long Filenames: if I choose to save a long named text file it is saved in the following way:

longfi~1.txt

Can you please find what causes this and fix it up?

Love, Peace and Chicken Grease
Ëþáîâü, Ìèð, Êóðèíûé Æèð.All your base are belong to us!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2001, 09:50:42 pm »

Thanx for the post, I'll take a look.

Actually I am planning  on spending some time reworking the Win32Pad code. Currently I am working on updating win32get and getting it up and running. Once I have win32get out the door I am considering redoing the Win32Pad and starting w/ brand new version.

Gena01

duke n

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2001, 02:14:27 am »

Very well.

If you need any help (I program pretty well in Delphi) let me know.

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2001, 02:27:32 am »

Hi...i love win32pad!! i cant see myself not using it...
THere is one problem....
my backround is black and foreround is white...and when i print something...it wont print the text in black..but i guess it tries to print it in white....is there a way to print it in black even thouhg the letters are white...
sorry for the crappy grammer...its 330am here...

thanks

duke n

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2001, 06:58:33 am »

also it would be great to [optionally] open the web pages in new windows.

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2001, 05:32:37 pm »

Actually from what I remember it should open it in new window. If you are using IE then check your settings. The option you need to check is to turn off "reuse explorer windows" or something of this sort.
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2001, 07:28:55 pm »

Quote: from iNFaMy on 10:27 pm on July 25, my backround is black and foreround is white...and when i print something...it wont print the text in black..but i guess it tries to print it in white....is there a way to print it in black even thouhg the letters are white...

Actually I've been looking at it here. I setup Microsoft Fax here and was doing "Print to File". When prompted for filename I entered the filename and the extension is "TIFF" which is what FAX uses. This way you can view it later and see how the fax came out. So for my testing background color doesn't matter for the fax service the only thing that seems to matter is the textcolor. Also if you use another color other than white it uses black by default. At least for some colors that I tried the fax came out fine, so the only problematic color for it is white.

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2001, 05:11:13 am »

Maybe I don't see it, but I would like to save the text file in the same format (UNIX/WIN) as it was.

Maerten

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2001, 03:41:23 pm »

It's in Options -> Format when saving -> UNIX.
You also have the currently selected item in the status bar.
It should either say WIN or UNIX.

Gena01

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2001, 04:50:03 am »

Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear.
When I open a file I don't always know if a file is UNIX or WIN and when I save it I don't want the file to change format.
So when I open the file I want the program to detect wich format the file is. And when I save it again, I want it to be saved with the same format as it was opened.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2001, 09:51:40 pm »

Quote: from Maerten on 4:50 am on Dec. 17, 2001
Sorry, maybe I didn't make myself clear.
When I open a file I don't always know if a file is UNIX or WIN and when I save it I don't want the file to change format.
So when I open the file I want the program to detect wich format the file is. And when I save it again, I want it to be saved with the same format as it was opened.

Ok, done. Checkout Win32Pad 1.0.14.3

P.S. Enjoy ;)

Gena01

Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: