[Gena01 Logo]
March 19, 2024, 06:35:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Firefox 3.0.4 and Firebug  (Read 58779 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: November 20, 2008, 04:05:40 pm »

If you have installed Firefox 3.0.4 update and have Firebug installed then you might have notices some problems after the 3.0.4 update. Personally I've seen tabs spinning endlessly and a couple of other quirks on two different PCs. I wasn't quite sure if it was related to Firebug up until recently.

First of all 3.0.4 is not just a minor release. This update included some fixes that were supposed to make Firebug integrate better. It seems that there was some bugs in on the firebug side. Firebug developers have been busy trying to implement a nice and clean solution to the problem(s). I've been testing some alpha builds that are supposed to make some things better.

Hopefully these problems should be resolved soon. I'll try to update things once I have a nice and stable environment again with a build recommendation. I am sure firebug developers will also make their own announcement with the recommended build to use with FF 3.0.4.

Update: Firebug 1.4.0a6 build is running great so far.
Update #2: We are not out of the woods yet. I have found another bug with Firebug 1.4.0a6. This one is related to file downloads.
Update #3: Firebug 1.4.0a7 is out that addresses the file download bug among another things.
Update #4: Firebug team has started a blog: http://blog.getfirebug.com/

Gena01
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 10:54:29 am by Gena01 » Logged
see6e
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 03:24:42 pm »

Tongue
Tags: firefox firebug 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: