[Gena01 Logo]
March 29, 2024, 07:47:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Technical Articles  (Read 52497 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: September 11, 2007, 04:28:08 pm »

I have been thinking of starting posting more blog items in terms of technical articles. I know that there are quite a few web developers using my software and visiting this website.

I am a web developer myself and for my day time job I work with PHP4 & PHP 5.2 on Linux Mandriva 2007.1 using Oracle 10g. I got my own little development machine setup at work. Originally it was Linux Mandriva 2007.0 box which got recently upgrades with the latest Mandriva 2007.1 release.

Some possible topics for future posts:
- Mandriva 2007.1 upgrade process. What's new? What's good? What's bad?
- Setting up PHP5.2 on Mandriva 2007.1.
- Setting up OCI extension to work with Oracle 10g server (w/ Oracle Instant Client).
- Tools of the trade: software that I use on my desktop for day to day activities. Some of which I can't live without.
- Tools of the trade: description of my PHP development environment. This can be a several article item including setting up facilities to profile and see what PHP is doing and how long it takes for scripts to run and why as well as debugging PHP using open source & free software.
- Setting up PHP for better performance. Some simple tips on getting more out of your Web Server.

This is just a short list of items. I am curious to see what my visitors/readers are interested in.

Gena01
headlessspider

« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:05:01 pm »

writing about your stuff would be good. i'm particularly interested in the software you use in php development. i'm a noob when it comes to that part. my background would be coming from developing static html pages.

and thank you for win32pad. its one of the software i use on a daily basis these days.
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: