[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 03:49:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.9.1  (Read 150584 times)
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2006, 05:33:33 am »

in silent installation, how to make the win32pad is the defualt TEXT viewer?
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2006, 04:35:00 am »

how about this?

* show whitespace, tabs and line endings
(like seen in scite, notepad2)

* an option to associate win32pad with the most common text formats, txt, ini, nfo...
(like seen in winrar, acdsee)

and please, re-enable this:

Win32Pad uses win32pad.ini file to store it's settings. (This file is now stored in the same directory where Win32Pad is installed)

always moving the ini from from Application Data... into the Win32pad dir is a pain
screw xp compliancy  :)
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2006, 10:27:37 pm »

In the box that opens when I click "save as..." the file type defaults to "html...".  Is there a way to have it default to "all files"?
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2006, 08:10:19 pm »

It would be great for Win32Pad to support multiple documents opened in a window.

Thanks a lot. :laugh:
milch-extra
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2006, 10:13:50 am »

Ahoi,
the "Delete Line" function avalible from the "Edit" menu or by pressing "Ctrl-Y" doesn't only delete the line, it cut out the line.
What does that matter? Maybe you have this text:

1 bla
2 Gennady is a smart guy!
3 bla
4 Who is a smart guy?
5 President Bush is a smart guy!
6 bla

If you read it you like to paste "Gennady is a smart guy!" on the right line. So you copy (or cut) line 2. Before you insert it you delete the wrong statement in line 6 with the "Delete Line" function. Afterwards you like to insert the text you've copied before. But what happens?! The stupid guy is still the smart guy!

Oke, it's a daffy example but it should be easy to realize that it would be a real problem if you like to insert a copied phrase into a long programcode. By scrolling down you find a line that should be deleted and you do this.
Than this line would be in your clipboard but not the text you thought!

So I would classify this as a not wanted feature. Maybe it would be even more a bug? brrr :)

Can you confirm this issue?

Thank you for your great program and viel Freude

Bernhard
milch-extra
« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2006, 10:36:04 am »

* an option to associate win32pad with the most common text formats, txt, ini, nfo...

Yes please. Just a simple .reg would be enough for now.

Win32Pad uses win32pad.ini file to store it's settings. (This file is now stored in the same directory where Win32Pad is installed)

Oh yes, this would be a big ease for all the guys they are working on many PCs and/or with many accounts!
Maybe the method of the programmer of "Beyond Compare" is a solution you like:
If the "beyondcompare.exe" find a "beyondcompare.ini" in the same directory it will use this ini-file. Otherwise it use the registry. Or in case of Win32Pad the one in %APPDATA%.

Cheers, Bernhard
Update: Now I've seen that you did the ini-handling since V1.5.8 like I proposed it. Thank you for reading my mind! :D
« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2006, 06:57:19 pm »

Hey there, I have a strange bug in the UNIX text format. Occasionally it will save a ^K randomly in the text file, which I'm not quite sure is all about. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but Firefox views that and turns it into a weird character. I just thought I'd report that incase it was a potential bug.
therube

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2006, 10:08:05 am »

I don't typically use the File Format menu item - generally leave formats as they were initially, but if I force a ^K into a file (using VIM), then open that file using win32pad, I do not see any "physical" representation of the ^K "character", other then what appears to be a new line.

Further, the ^K seems to be wiped out - at some point, after alternating back & forth between editors & file format types.
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2006, 06:11:11 pm »

Ahh, sorry, I should clarify.

Sometimes when I save in unix format win32pad SAVES with the strange ^K. It doesn't show the "^K" in the win32pad, but it shows it in vi. Also, Mozilla Firefox sees it and puts out a strange character.
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: