[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 07:23:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.9.1  (Read 150593 times)
Jerry

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2005, 11:51:49 pm »

I just upgraded all my Win32Pad 1.5.0 installations to 1.5.9.1

On one machine (out of three) I have no COPY/PASTE function.  Specifically, the COPY function is not getting to the clipboard.  (I'm watching the clipboard with "Clipboard Viewer.")  The CUT function puts the copy on the clipboard fine.  I'm running Win95-B on two identical machines (except that the one that WON'T copy has only 32MB of RAM, whereas the Win95 machine that works OK has 128MB).

Also, on the machine that WON'T copy, the COPY function works fine in NOTEPAD and BOXER/DOS and BOXER/WIN.

Not a big problem -- I still have 1.5.0 available which works fine on this machine.

Any ideas?

Jerry
therube

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 10:02:06 am »

If I had to guess, & I am, I'd try a newer version of riched20.dll.

Make a copy of your existing version first.

Later version is available here:

"RichEd20.Dll
* MS Richedit 3.0 Update"
http://www.gena01.com/win32pad/download.shtml
Jerry

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2005, 02:15:43 am »

If I had to guess, & I am, I'd try a newer version of riched20.dll.

You hit the nail on the head.  That fixed the copy/paste problem completely.

Actually, the repair was "moot," since I'd switched all three computers back to v1.5.0 anyway -- that new "home-home" feature was driving me batty.

Thanks anyway.

Jerry
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 04:09:22 am »

Hi, I'd like to thank you for developing Win32pad. One thing I'd really like to view in the next releses is the possibility to search/replace by regexp. It would be very useful for me (and others, I think).

A sidenote: I'vemade 2 batch files to replace and restore the system notepad. Here they are.

replacenotepad.bat:
Code Sample

copy .\win32pad.exe .\notepad.exe

move /y %windir%\System32\dllcache\notepad.exe %windir%\System32\dllcache\notepad.exe.off
move /y %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\notepad.exe %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\notepad.exe.off
move /y %windir%\System32\notepad.exe %windir%\System32\notepad.exe.off
move /y %windir%\notepad.exe %windir%\notepad.exe.off

copy /y .\notepad.exe %windir%\System32\dllcache
copy /y .\notepad.exe %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386
copy /y .\notepad.exe %windir%\System32
copy /y .\notepad.exe %windir%

del /q .\notepad.exe

restorenotepad.bat
Code Sample

move /y %windir%\System32\dllcache\notepad.exe.off %windir%\System32\dllcache\notepad.exe
move /y %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\notepad.exe.off %windir%\ServicePackFiles\i386\notepad.exe
move /y %windir%\System32\notepad.exe.off %windir%\System32\notepad.exe
move /y %windir%\notepad.exe.off %windir%\notepad.exe

Tested on WinXP SP2.

Thanks and regards!
therube

« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2005, 10:49:47 am »

Not saying this is good, or bad, or whatnot, but here is a small editor with regex, syntax highlighting, & unicode.

If you'd want to take a look at it for informational purposes.

GreenPad - kMonos.NET
http://www.kmonos.net/lib/gp.en.html

IMO, as far as importance & based upon how I use win32pad, regex, perhaps, syntax highlighting, probably not. Unicode, probably more important on XP then on Win98.
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 09:48:35 am »

What about a feature to minimize to tray? I keep Win32Pad open almost all day, but I hate that it uses up space. Also, what about a tabbed option instead of new instances like Firefox has? Those two features would be awesome.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 04:04:29 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Oct. 28 2005,10:48)
What about a feature to minimize to tray? I keep Win32Pad open almost all day, but I hate that it uses up space. Also, what about a tabbed option instead of new instances like Firefox has? Those two features would be awesome.

Minimize to Tray is already there... Look under Tools menu. (it also has Ctrl+m shortcut)

Gena01
therube

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2005, 10:26:35 pm »

I'd switched all three computers back to v1.5.0 anyway -- that new "home-home" feature was driving me batty.

I said, & thought the same thing many a time.  But ...

HA! It's there! It's been there  :)!

And I missed it!  Can't believe it.  I've been putting up with that "feature" for so long now.  And there has been a toggle since v1.5.5.  And I missed it!

Tools | Options | Editor | -> Smart Home
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2005, 10:49:50 am »

Great! I didn't realize that feature was there (to minimize). What about the tabbed browsing like Firefox has?
David.
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2005, 01:46:48 am »

Hi Gena01,

Great work with your software. Just a small suggestion. If you can use the MDI interface for Win32Pad, it could have multiple tabs. Really handy!!

Hasnain Saleem
http://www.hasnain.co.nr
http://hasnain.sourceforge.net/
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2005, 11:58:28 pm »

When selected texts,Ctrl+C & Ctrl+V cann't use!
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 12:21:37 pm »

Delightful app...small footprint & fast...well thought out...utlizes existing OS resources...this is well executed planning & code - congrats!

Just adevelopments thought - As a developer, I would very much like to see a tabbed interface in order that I can work/edit between multiple open files simply by clicking a tab - rather than switching editing windows.  Given that one may have quite a few apps open on the desktop at any given time - remaining within one editing app/window is a valuable time & frustration saver!

Looking forward to your next build!!!
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2005, 08:50:51 am »

A question: Can win32pad restore cursor position when loading resently used file(s)?
therube

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2005, 02:43:50 pm »

I had never realised it before, but you can drag & drop into a Win32pad window.

Like you can highlight text or links on a webpage & drag that into Win32pad - without needing to have copied it first.
Saves a step or two.

You can even highlight a selection in Win32pad, & drag it elsewhere in the file.

:) .
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2005, 07:53:05 pm »

Hi, I'm a chinese localizer.I like win32pad.It's so mini and cool. But I find a  dangerous BUG for our chinese users. For example,if you copy our chinese text "欢迎并感谢您使用SDS星梦软件的汉化软件!",you can copy ,but you can't paste.I hope you fix it soon.Thank you very much.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: