[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 11:55:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.4 Feedback  (Read 114858 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: July 01, 2004, 09:39:07 pm »

Please report feedback on Win32Pad 1.5.4 in this thread.

Gena01
Rudi1

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 04:00:05 am »

First i like to thank you for your work!I just start use it and I must say great work!
I have only one reuqest and this  disturb me from first time when I found your software a few months ago.The icon integration with txt or other files is to big and the green color?
Yes,I know this is cosmetic stuff,but a bit small icon and maybae some nice color?
but the program run without any problem for me and if I see something I post it!

Cheers!
 :D
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 01:40:18 pm »

Just replaced Metapad with Win32pad - great program.  It would be nice if Alt-F3 would run backwards through find text as per UltraEdit.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 01:42:17 pm »

Make that Ctrl-F3, instead of Alt-F3.
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 01:48:59 pm »

I've noticed that when you drag and drop text from Win32Pad into another app, the text is lost. I know you have the undo button, but sometimes you forget about it. So can it be tweaked so that text won't disappear? TIA
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 02:54:55 pm »

First of all, nice little program. I'd "just" request two features:

1, An option to save the edited file as binary, so if you edit, for example, a rar or zip file and save it, you could still open it later. This could pretty easily fit in the "Save as..." dialog.
2, Make it faster  :) . Now it takes quite some time to load bigger files. I know that Notepad isn't quicker either and this is a replacement for Notepad, but still....

I know that that both of my requests can be done, at least in separate programs :) (i know one that has my 1st and one that has my 2nd reqested feature).
I just hope you can make these changes(or the 1st) so the next version will be even better.
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2004, 04:22:44 am »

I noticed with this version hitting the home key twice no longer goes to the beginning of the text on that line. I was a version or two behind when I updated but I know it was working in version 1.5.1. I use this feature frequently and would love to see it back again.  Great program btw!

-mayge
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2004, 04:30:00 am »

Scratch that. You have to go back to version 1.5.0 for the double home key feature to jump to the beginning of the text.

-mayge
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2004, 10:41:24 am »

Hi

Have you considered adding a word count option in Winpad? This is the only thing keeping me and all my friends to use it in everything we do?

A wordcount feature like word has would be great :)
therube

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 06:55:19 am »

I noticed with this version hitting the home key twice no longer goes to the beginning of the text on that line.

Works for me.
WinXP, Win32pad v1.54.

Neat feature.  Never knew it existed.
mayge

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 07:12:21 am »

#### that sucks I would like to know why yours works and mine doesnt.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 10:06:26 am »

Quote (mayge @ July 12 2004,08:12)
#### that sucks I would like to know why yours works and mine doesnt.

At one point i added "Smart Home" function that's present in some editors already. It jumps between the beginning of the line and the first non blank character.

I am going to add an option to turn this feature off in the next release.

Gena01
mayge

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 10:17:12 am »

Are tabs considered blank in this circumstance?  Because I think that is the problem I am having.  I just tested a line that had been indented with tabs and one that was indented with spaces.  The “smart home” function only works for spaces.  Would you conceder having the “smart home” function recognize both tabs and spaces?
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 12:58:33 pm »

Quote (mayge @ July 12 2004,11:17)
Are tabs considered blank in this circumstance?  Because I think that is the problem I am having.  I just tested a line that had been indented with tabs and one that was indented with spaces.  The “smart home” function only works for spaces.  Would you conceder having the “smart home” function recognize both tabs and spaces?

This is a known issue. It will be fixed in the next release.

Gena01
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 02:45:53 pm »

I wish this were a little more robust...

I'm trying to open a 600MB+ text file, and every program I've tried is simply laughing at me.  All I need to to is open the file and delete the top 4-5 lines or so (extraneous header that IS put in there) so I can dump this into Access.

I know I had something that could handle this before, but I can't remember... any suggestions?
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: