[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 06:26:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.4.1 Feedback  (Read 78509 times)
rockdj

« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2003, 11:14:42 am »

hi, thanks for the excellent Win32Edit!  small, to the point, effective.  I'm especially grateful that you use the rich edit controls, as this allows me to use Dragon NaturallySpeaking to select arbitrary text, which is not possible in many applications.

I frequently have to exchange text documents with users on a variety of systems.  Would it be possible to have a preference that, when enabled, would insert the appropriate "next line" character at the end of each line when the file is saved?  That is, if I compose a document in Win32Pad with wordwrap on it looks fine, but if I then opened it in Notepad (or any editor that does not do paragraph flowing), paragraphs will appear all on one line. This "save as flowed" feature would just need to implicitly add new line characters at the wrap points in the paragraph.

It would also be nice to be able to set the default width of the editor buffer in terms of number of columns.  The current default size (on my system at least) is 94 columns; I'd prefer having the default width at 80 columns.

Thanks again for the great editor!  Let me know if this is confusing and I'll try to clarify.
dan
therube

« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2003, 05:46:47 pm »

Copy does not append the EOL character.

A copy, then the subsequest paste, looses (or doesn't add) the EOL "character".  I may not be saying or describing it properly, but ...

top of file ---
LINE-BEGINNING

LINE-END
end of file ---

Above example is Line-B, 3 blank lines, Line-E.

If you copy beginning with LINE-BEGINNING and ending with the line above LINE-END - a total of 4 lines, and then paste that selection, only 3 lines end up being pasted.  Line-B and 2 blank lines.  The third blank line is missing.

If you copy beginning with LINE-BEGINNING and ending with "LINE-E" (not including the "ND"), and then paste that selection, everything is pasted up through & including the second E from LINE-END, but a newline is not generated - ie:  if I had pasted this at the top of the "file" - at the beginning of LINE-BEGINNING, it would look like this:

top of file ---
LINE-BEGINNING

LINE-ELINE-BEGINNING

LINE-END
end of file ---

Hope you understand.

Occurs under Win98, Win2K seems ok.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2003, 05:56:06 pm »

Quote (therube @ Sep. 10 2003,18:46)
Copy does not append the EOL character.

A copy, then the subsequest paste, looses (or doesn't add) the EOL "character".  I may not be saying or describing it properly, but ...

top of file ---
LINE-BEGINNING

LINE-END
end of file ---

Above example is Line-B, 3 blank lines, Line-E.

If you copy beginning with LINE-BEGINNING and ending with the line above LINE-END - a total of 4 lines, and then paste that selection, only 3 lines end up being pasted.  Line-B and 2 blank lines.  The third blank line is missing.

If you copy beginning with LINE-BEGINNING and ending with "LINE-E" (not including the "ND"), and then paste that selection, everything is pasted up through & including the second E from LINE-END, but a newline is not generated - ie:  if I had pasted this at the top of the "file" - at the beginning of LINE-BEGINNING, it would look like this:

top of file ---
LINE-BEGINNING

LINE-ELINE-BEGINNING

LINE-END
end of file ---

Hope you understand.

Occurs under Win98, Win2K seems ok.

Is this a new behavior in 1.4.1 or this is something that was there in previous versions?

Gena01
therube

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2003, 06:51:12 pm »

New in 1.4.1.

Not sure offhand if 1.4.0 did it.

I know for certain that 1.3.3 worked correctly.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 10:24:44 pm »

Quote (therube @ Sep. 10 2003,19:51)
New in 1.4.1.

Not sure offhand if 1.4.0 did it.

I know for certain that 1.3.3 worked correctly.

Ok, I was able to duplicate the problem on Win98. I also pulled out some old code that seems to work. So this shall be fixed in the next release.

Gena01
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2003, 02:14:37 am »

well..
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2003, 02:16:10 am »

P.S. im using win98SE and with 1.3.2 wasnt this problem.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2003, 06:09:57 am »

Quote (Guest @ Sep. 11 2003,03:16)
P.S. im using win98SE and with 1.3.2 wasnt this problem.

How do I duplicate the problem here? Can you specify the exact steps. And in what cases the problem appears?

P.S. Can somebody confirm this problem?

Gena01
mrtech

« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2003, 05:32:32 pm »

I'm not a 100% sure if this is a regression, but I know what the default behavior should be here's the schenario:

- open file with multiple lines, like so:
Code Sample
- Help: me with this line 1
- Help: me with this line 2
- Help: me with this line 3
- Help: me with this line 4

- No put your cursor at the beginning of the line 2,
- hold the shift key and press End, this will highlight the whole line, INCLUDING the carriage return/linefeed
- now choose either copy go down one line and past or just do cut and past twice
- you'll see that the carriage return/linefeed is not honored and the line is pasted butted up against the previous line.

Not sure if this is related to any of the other posted here, but thanks and let me know what you come up with.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2003, 05:12:50 am »

1.3.2 version is working fine.. and i dont understand there the problem is too. Maybe it depends on my windows configuration or something.. o! ..one more.. File Notification cheking is not working too..well it works but i cant disable it in options.. and 1.3.2 works fine ??? I'll try 1.4.2 version..

once again..exact steps:

open existing file with some text - all text is in fixedsys font
try to type anything - old text is not changing, but the new text appears with other font

close the file, press Yes to save

open file - all text, old and new is in fixedsys font

problem appears:everytime i try to type:)

well..thats all.. 1.3.2 version is not bad..so i can use it, i just wanted report a bug or something:)

ok:)good luck:)
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2003, 07:01:58 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Sep. 15 2003,06:12)
1.3.2 version is working fine.. and i dont understand there the problem is too. Maybe it depends on my windows configuration or something.. o! ..one more.. File Notification cheking is not working too..well it works but i cant disable it in options.. and 1.3.2 works fine ??? I'll try 1.4.2 version..

once again..exact steps:

open existing file with some text - all text is in fixedsys font
try to type anything - old text is not changing, but the new text appears with other font

close the file, press Yes to save

open file - all text, old and new is in fixedsys font

problem appears:everytime i try to type:)

well..thats all.. 1.3.2 version is not bad..so i can use it, i just wanted report a bug or something:)

ok:)good luck:)

I am not seeing this on my system. It's working fine here. Waiting for more information or confirmations. Btw, what version of riched20.dll you have installed? Anything else that might be important regarding this issue?

Gena01
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2003, 01:04:04 am »

riched20.dll v3.0 (5.10...)

i've tried v2.0.. same result
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: