[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 06:25:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.3.2 Feedback  (Read 83510 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: June 17, 2003, 10:44:44 pm »

Please report Win32Pad 1.3.2 feedback in this thread.

Gena01
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2003, 05:31:09 pm »

I am using Win32Pad 1.3.2 on win2000.

when I minimize Win32Pad and then maximize it,
the caret was lost. For example, you highlight some words,
then minimize Win32Pad, then maximize it, you can't operate on the highlighted words directly. you have to rehighlight it by clicking  on Win32pad first.

thanks.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2003, 02:49:06 pm »

The default file format is always MAC.  I dont know if this is the way you meant it, but that is the way it is.  And I really dont know if it makes any difference at all, but I thought I would at least bring it to your attention.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2003, 04:10:42 pm »

Quote (Guest @ June 23 2003,15:49)
The default file format is always MAC.  I dont know if this is the way you meant it, but that is the way it is.  And I really dont know if it makes any difference at all, but I thought I would at least bring it to your attention.

I just tested 1.3.2 on Win2k and it's Windows fileformat for a new file. Please report all the details of how to reproduce this. Also version of Win32Pad and the O/S you using.

P.S. Can somebody else confirm this?

Gena01
therube

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2003, 08:16:58 pm »

Win32pad v132, Win2K.

Create new file.  Save file.  Format is Dos, 0d0a.

Save as, & specify file format,
Dos = 0d0a
Unix = 0a
Mac = 0d
therube

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2003, 08:18:53 pm »

One thing I did notice.

Create new file.  When saved, last line does not have EOL.

This does not occur when editing an existing file.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2003, 09:52:30 pm »

After a few restarts, I checked on the default file format again, but could not replicate the bug.  I am not sure what happened.  Maybe my computer was just being goosey.
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2003, 04:59:43 am »

Two things that bug me are that the line numbers do not line up if the font size is change.

Another thing is if win32pad is minimised to systray, clicking on the icon returns it to minimised state rather than maximising it, i would prefer just being able to do it in 1-click™

It would also be cool if there were keyboard shortcuts for it.

Anyway thanks for the cool program, it saves me alot of time.
Koala

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2003, 06:15:22 am »

One strange behaviour.

1) Click on minimize....win32pad goes to system tray
2) click on win32pad in systemtray, win32pad goes to taskbar.
3) When win32pad clicks on taskbar, it will then revert back to normal editing screen.

Platform : Windows 2000 SP4
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2003, 07:30:47 am »

Quote (Guest @ June 26 2003,05:59)
Two things that bug me are that the line numbers do not line up if the font size is change.

Another thing is if win32pad is minimised to systray, clicking on the icon returns it to minimised state rather than maximising it, i would prefer just being able to do it in 1-click™

It would also be cool if there were keyboard shortcuts for it.

Anyway thanks for the cool program, it saves me alot of time.

If you press Ctrl+M it will minimize to SysTray. No other options need to be set for this to work.

Gena01
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2003, 08:24:48 am »

I've got an strange error with the fonts.
If i change the font in the editor preferences (i allways choose terminal - bold - 9) i got that typo ok.
But if i close and reopen the prog, i get other (wich i don't know wich font is), but go to preferences , and the font is selected ok, push OK and get the font changed ... strange.
So anytime i open the prog i must go to options - preferences - editor - font ... and just it ok to get the correct font.
I'm ussing Win XP Pro
BTW the program is very nice and quick !
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2003, 06:27:22 pm »

There are two ways to minimize to tray.  One is to use Ctrl-M.  If you click on it after it is minimized to the tray, it returns to full window (or whatever your window setting was).

The other way is to go to Options - Preferences, and click the "Minimize to tray" box.  Then, if you click the minimize button, it goes to tray.  BUT here is the catch, you must click once on the icon in the tray, and then the window is still minimized.  Then you must click on the bar in the taskbar to finally maximize.  This requires two clicks to maximize, instead of the the previous option, which requires only one click.

Thanks,
John
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2003, 09:22:15 am »

Discovered the following:

1. The bar with line-numbers are showing but doesn't contain any. (Some numbers flickers from time to time when moving up and down or selecting text)

2. When opening a document and doing a text-search then the cursor is NOT moved to the highlighted text (Requiring one to use the mouse to activate the cursor)

3. When changing font while have the bar with line-numbers shown then part of the text is hidden behind the bar. Like when redrawing after font change it doesn't take account of the new bar.

4. When changing tab-size, then the size of a single tab stays unchanged (Or does the tab-size thing only work when replacing with spaces ? If so it would be nice to change the visual size of a tab.)

All this is happening in Win98SE.

Each point have been reproduced seperately and the win32pad.ini have been deleted first each time.
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2003, 09:46:29 am »

Discovered another funny thing:

5. When opening a text file without having word wrapping activated and the text is wider than the actual window then the bottom scroll bar is not drawn properly (When minimizing and maximizing the window it looks ok)
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2003, 10:39:07 am »

Found out how to get the line numbers to show, though I wouldnt mind an easier way:

When opening the document no line numbers are shown in the right-bar. But if clicking some where in the text-file shown using the mouse, then and then starts to scroll down using the arrow-key, then the line numbers are being updated properly.

The odd thing is one have to use the mouse to activate the cursor, if just scrolling without using the mouse first then the line numbers are not shown.

Another odd thing is that it doesn't work if activating the cursor with the mouse and then scroll using the scroll bar.
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: