[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 06:34:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RichEdit alternative  (Read 40756 times)
Zann

« on: November 02, 2003, 06:38:18 am »

Hi Gena,

I've been using win32pad for quite some time now, awesome prog, man.

Just wondering - have you seen Scintilla ? It seems like more and more developers prefer it to RichEdit every day, especially for code editors and such. Take a look over at http://www.scintilla.org Migrating towards it may bring even more speed and stability to win32pad - especially when dealing with large files.

And thanks for win32pad again, it rocks!
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 10:26:20 am »

I have seen scintilla. Actually it is using richedit control, or could be compiled to use it. I am not sure at this point if i'll use it though. I have been thinking of dropping richedit control. I have seen various issues for a number of years with it now. I am thinking of writing my own class to handle it though. But then again it's writing an editor from scratch. Which in some way is a good thing, because I can write it without all the bloat and just the way to fit perfectly with the whole editor maybe even syntax highlighting paradigm. The only issues I see is if I start with it, then I'll need to start 2.x series from scratch, which could take a considerate amount of time to release a stable version or a number of releases for it to become stable.

Gena01
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: