[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 12:55:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bugs in Win32Pad 1.3  (Read 90092 times)
laserlight

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2003, 06:18:06 am »

This might just be a bug:
1. Open a file, do not edit it.
2. Attempt to open another file.
3. The message: "File has been changed. Reload?" appears.
4. Clicking yes makes the 1st file reload, only by clicking no does the 2nd file get loaded (which makes sense).

What does not make sense is why there is "File has been changed. Reload?" message in the first place.
If the 1st file was edited, a "save your changes" message does appear, but only after the reload query message.

I think that the intended effect would be not to have the reload message at all, and only keep the save query message if the file was edited.

EDIT:
hmm... now looking more closely at CK Watts's bug report, since loading a file by drag and drop is equivalent to opening the file by the menu interface, I'd say the problems are one and the same.
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2003, 11:24:33 am »

Ok, I have been able to duplicate CK & laserlight's 'bugs'.

Does not seem to depend on the .exe name - notepad.exe & win32pad.exe both do the same thing.

If you select one of the "Recent files" this does not occur.

If you double-click a file this does not occur.

Seems like it only happens if you use the File-Open (Ctrl-O) dialog.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2003, 01:09:15 pm »

Quote (Guest @ May 16 2003,12:24)
Ok, I have been able to duplicate CK & laserlight's 'bugs'.

Does not seem to depend on the .exe name - notepad.exe & win32pad.exe both do the same thing.

If you select one of the "Recent files" this does not occur.

If you double-click a file this does not occur.

Seems like it only happens if you use the File-Open (Ctrl-O) dialog.

I have managed to replicate the bug on Win98. Thanks to laserlight for pointing that out. Somehow on Win2k it's fine.

I am currently investigating it.

Gena01
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2003, 02:49:14 pm »

This may not a bug, but hope it works:
Input some quoted words like 'I','AM','A','STUDENT',
you can't hightlight the word you double-clicked on.

Thanks,
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 08:03:31 am »

Hi!
Thanks for this great program - I like it a lot.

However, since version 1.3 there seems to be a bug with the "save as.."-function.
When I open a textfile, go to File -> save as and enter a new filename I get the following error message:
"File has been deleted. Keep it in editor?"
If I select an existing file as the new filename I get the "file has changed. reload?"-Dialog.
Quite irritating.

I hope you can reproduce (and fix?) this bug. Thanks.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2003, 08:43:22 am »

Quote (Guest @ May 22 2003,09:03)
Hi!
Thanks for this great program - I like it a lot.

However, since version 1.3 there seems to be a bug with the "save as.."-function.
When I open a textfile, go to File -> save as and enter a new filename I get the following error message:
"File has been deleted. Keep it in editor?"
If I select an existing file as the new filename I get the "file has changed. reload?"-Dialog.
Quite irritating.

I hope you can reproduce (and fix?) this bug. Thanks.

I have managed to reproduce this bug, thanks to laserlight. It happens on win9x but not on win2k. I am working on a solution.

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2003, 10:35:37 am »

Ok, I have spent some time yesterday night fixing the "File changed, reload message..." that was happening on windows98. I have a fix that seems to work, but I still need to do some more testing to see that I didn't break anything with the new code.

P.S. I have fixed some other reported issues like:
- Double clicking on the tray icon doesn't restore the window state  properly.
- I have finally fixed up the line number drawing code a bit. It's behaving much better now.
- I think that I finally fixed the problems with the borders and resizing and turning on/off toolbar/statusbar.

Gena01
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2003, 06:23:37 pm »

How about making the line numbering a "toggle".  It would fit right in, right next to the WordWrap toggle.  Heck, I even devised an icon for it, #.  :)
laserlight

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2003, 07:01:14 am »

This has to do with selecting text that spans more than the current width of the instance, in my case full screen.

Using my mouse pointer to click and drag doesnt seem to allow me to go beyond the width of text editing area.
I would think that normal use would allow that.

EDIT:
actually, in retrospect this isnt really a bug, since it wasnt implied as a feature and there still is the selection bar while selection of the out of range text can be done especially with word wrap.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: