[Gena01 Logo]
March 19, 2024, 02:52:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.4 Feedback  (Read 114299 times)
therube

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2004, 11:43:26 pm »

It's not robust cause it won't handle a 600MB file -  :laugh: .

A unix style Stream EDitor, sed, should be able to handle that.  (You would need enough space for two 600MB files, though).

Something like, sed "1,4d" < inputfile > trimmedfile (my syntax is probably a bit rusty, but that's the general idea.

Many hex editors will only read a relatively small portion of a file into memory at a time & so can edit virtually any sized file.

Seem to recall some old, small, Dos utilities that would accomplish the same sort of task.  Here's one that my do it:

Trim
http://www.pc-tools.net/win32/freeware/trim/

Command-line tool used to monitor and control the sizes of (log) files. Examines a text file to see if its length has exceeded a certain limit; if it has, Trim removes a certain number of lines from the beginning of the file.

PS:  If this file is important, I would work on a backup rather then the actual file.
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 04:23:20 pm »

Thanks for the work.:laugh:

Win32Pad is the best replacement for Notepad, but "Copy" and "Paste" sometimes don't work with text files in traditional Chinese. :(

By the way, I like the green icon of Win32Pad very much. It's cute. :D
« Reply #17 on: July 18, 2004, 01:07:35 am »

Hello, thx for this good software. I really like it!

By the way, I am a chinese, so I use the chinese version Windows XP/2K. for my testing, this software still have a font bug when set to use a chinese fornt.

bug like this:
1) I setup the font to a chinese font, and I press OK button, the chars in editor box was change as the wish.

2) but when I restart the software, the font still use a default english font, I enter the setup box, and it is still set to the chinese font that I set right now.

3) I must open the font setup window, and press OK again.

4) I found if I use the english font, this bug will not happen.

Please have a check this, wish this software will do better!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2004, 01:24:28 pm »

Gena01a, a bookmark function and maybe tabs would be very handy. Any chance that they will be implemented?

And btw, a tip to all users, you can of course change the look of the text icon with an app like Icon Phile for example. Wink
mayge

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 02:34:54 pm »

Quote (Guest @ July 18 2004,02:07)
Hello, thx for this good software. I really like it!

By the way, I am a chinese, so I use the chinese version Windows XP/2K. for my testing, this software still have a font bug when set to use a chinese fornt.

bug like this:
1) I setup the font to a chinese font, and I press OK button, the chars in editor box was change as the wish.

2) but when I restart the software, the font still use a default english font, I enter the setup box, and it is still set to the chinese font that I set right now.

3) I must open the font setup window, and press OK again.

4) I found if I use the english font, this bug will not happen.

Please have a check this, wish this software will do better!

I think the font is stored in the ini file after the program is closed.  So if you have more then one editor open and the last one you close is the english font that is what is going to be stored.  Make sure that the font you want to keep is the last editor you close.
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 10:55:07 am »

Nice software!

One problem, though:
I stumbled on this while debugging an asp-script: my scripting-runtime reported an error in line 319, but win32pad labeled the line as line 323.  It took me SOME time to realize that wordwrapped-lines INCREASE THE LINE-COUNT in win32pad.

The wrapped-around part of a long-line should display no line-numer at all!

Otherwise: good work! I'm using it all the time! Thank you!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2004, 07:11:57 pm »

Win32Pad is excellent! :)

By the way, could you consider add 'Line Space' option and make it tabbed interface in the future version? That would be easier to read and edit articles.
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2004, 08:37:54 pm »

Good one.I use it since version 1.3...or something like...
BUT...going through the way of upgrades it comes to this problem - when i want to select (with mouse) a few letters or half words it works the way it wants, NOT the way I do.
I realy don`t know how it is possible.All other editors do exactly what I tell them to do...!?
Current version is 1.5.4 on XP SP1.AMD on K7VTA3. 256MB DDR
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2004, 02:36:21 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 05 2004,21:37)
Good one.I use it since version 1.3...or something like...
BUT...going through the way of upgrades it comes to this problem - when i want to select (with mouse) a few letters or half words it works the way it wants, NOT the way I do.
I realy don`t know how it is possible.All other editors do exactly what I tell them to do...!?
Current version is 1.5.4 on XP SP1.AMD on K7VTA3. 256MB DDR

Can you elaborate on this? Details? Steps to reproduce?

Gena01
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2004, 10:25:03 am »

Are there any plans to enable a "PageSetup" Dialog similar to the one found in notepad?

Headers and Footers would be really convenient plus the print-out of line-numbers would top notepad!

Thanks and best regards from Germany

Arne ...
therube

« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2004, 09:42:46 pm »

I was having a problem with Copy/Paste today.

It just wasn't.  I'd "copy", but nothing showed up in the clipboard viewer.  And that same nothing is what was pasted.

Copy & paste worked in other applications - wordpad & VIM.

Clean install (though not trouble free) of Win98, updated with all latest MS updates.

One particular .DLL has been mentioned before to check on.
What was the DLL & the current version #, & link if I need to download.
riched20.dll      5.40.11.2210         Rich Text Edit Control, v4.0
riched20.dll      5.31.23.1218         Rich Text Edit Control, v3.1
riched20.dll      5.30.23.1215         Rich Text Edit Control, v3.0

Matter of fact, I'll reboot in the morning & see if the problem persists.
therube

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2004, 09:03:20 am »

I'll reboot in the morning & see if the problem persists

That made no difference.

And to confirm.
The version of riched20.dll that installs with Win98SE, v5.0.153.0, does not work properly with win32pad.

I copied over a version, v5.30.23.1200, & copy/paste are now working correctly.
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2004, 12:48:20 pm »

Win32Pad is great - I've used it for ages now (seems like ages anyway).

I'd really like to see an option for 'stickiness' (a check box under options?) - so when you go to 'Open' (after starting the program) the default folder is the last one you opened something from, and the filetypes are the ones you used last.

Values could be stored in the ini file I guess.
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2004, 08:16:25 pm »

I love this editor.  Been using it since the early days.  Thank you so much.  One complaint.  

When using scroll mouse button, it scrolls down slowly.  I hate that.  I want it fast scrolling.  At least put in a check box in Options to turn on and off what I think is called "Smooth Scrolling".

My systems: Win98 and Win98 SE and WinXP
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2004, 03:39:07 am »

I have a problem with Win32Pad. When I copy text from Win32Pad and paste in another place it disappear. There is nothing in the clipboard. My OS is Windows 2000 professional Chinese edition.
    Thank you for your great program. I like it very much!
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: