[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 03:31:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.5.2 Feedback  (Read 63923 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« on: June 14, 2004, 10:18:08 pm »

Please report feedback on Win32Pad 1.5.2 in this thread.

Gena01
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2004, 09:15:15 am »

well i have 1.5.1 version so i dont know if its already fixed. There is some problem with path finding. Im starting some txt file externally (in sheduler program). But this file is in my Documents. So win32pad doesnt work with spaces in path.

And i dont know is it win32pad work or main, but New Tex Document dissapeared from New meniu in Explorer.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 12:44:42 pm »

Hi there!
Nice piece of software!
The only think i miss is the "URL text color" setting: i like light blue text on black background, so all the hyperlinks are lost (try it).
Is there a fix for this?
Or maybe are you planning this option for the next release?
Thankyou a lot!
therube

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 10:38:26 pm »

There is some problem with path finding. Im starting some txt file externally (in sheduler program). But this file is in my Documents. So win32pad doesnt work with spaces in path.

I ran into a similar problem before:

Forget what I said about MRU.

It IS working properly.

I tried it on another computer running Win98 & could not duplicate the problem.

Turns out that the particular files that did not have the full pathname included, I had opened through a Norton Commander style program (Servant Salamander).  In that program I had set win32pad as my default editor.  Turns out that it was only passing the filename as a paramater to win32pad.  I changed it to pass the "fullname" & now all is well.

BTW, Servant Salamander, as is win32pad, is an EXCELLENT program (shareware).  For anyone who wants to check it out.  (Hope you don't mind the plug).

Link: http://www.gena01.com/forum....36;st=0
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 03:26:46 am »

Status bar's total line number doesn't work if Line Numbers (Ctrl+L) is off. Start the program (Line Numbers  off) and status bar says Col:1 Ln 1/0.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 08:12:33 am »

therube>

well, i was using 1.3.2 till now, and it was ok. So how can i
pass fullname to my sheduler (Chameleon Clock)?

it works then i chang My Documents to Mydocu~1 in path to
txt file in bat file, but Chameleon doesnt support such paths.

i think editor should work with a filename as a parameter too.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 12:39:09 pm »

Quote (Guest @ June 17 2004,09:12)
therube>

well, i was using 1.3.2 till now, and it was ok. So how can i
pass fullname to my sheduler (Chameleon Clock)?

it works then i chang My Documents to Mydocu~1 in path to
txt file in bat file, but Chameleon doesnt support such paths.

i think editor should work with a filename as a parameter too.

You might need to tweak how the parameters are passed to win23pad. win32pad doesn't need the full path. The issue that you are seeing is that the path is not quoted.

You might want to check the registry entries or the way the parameters are passed to win32pad.

I know that on windows 2000 setup uses the following registry to open a file:

C:\Program Files\Win32Pad\win32pad.exe "%L"

Note the quotes around the %L.. (%L provides the full path to the file)

Gena01
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 04:06:05 pm »

After using metapad so long I've come to depend on 'Favorites'. Metapad is like an editor and stickynotes in one. If this program had a 'Favorites' feature I would surely consider it. Thank you.
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 05:31:11 am »

Quote (Gena01 @ June 17 2004,13:39)
Quote (Guest @ June 17 2004,09:12)
therube>

You might need to tweak how the parameters are passed to win23pad. win32pad doesn't need the full path. The issue that you are seeing is that the path is not quoted.

You might want to check the registry entries or the way the parameters are passed to win32pad.

I know that on windows 2000 setup uses the following registry to open a file:

C:\Program Files\Win32Pad\win32pad.exe "%L"

Note the quotes around the %L.. (%L provides the full path to the file)

Gena01

so, i've found the way to tweak my sheduler, the task was to open txt file, and now i've changed it to open win32pad with a path to file as argument. So now it works.
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 07:55:15 am »

I love Win32Pad, but I've thought of a new feature I think would be cool. Today I was working with a email list and realized I might have some duplicate email addresses...It would be nice if there would be a feature to locate strings of which there are two.
Respectfully,
David.
- www.civilwarsearch.com
- debaunart.com
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 08:07:01 am »

Quote (Guest @ June 18 2004,08:55)
It would be nice if there would be a feature to locate strings of which there are two.

Hmm...
David, imho a software like this is valuable as far as it stays small and fast, without trying to compete with more powerful text editors.
therube

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 02:44:19 pm »

I was working with a email list and realized I might have some duplicate email addresses...It would be nice if there would be a feature to locate strings of which there are two.

RPSORT v1.02
http://www.undercoverdesign.com/dosghost/dos/downl_44.asp

RPSORT is a command line sort utility that has an option to ...

/D deletes any record whose sortkeys duplicate those in a previous record.

Also various unix style programs will give you the same or similar options  - sort & uniq are two.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 06:57:53 am »

Quote (Guest @ June 18 2004,08:55)
...It would be nice if there would be a feature to locate strings of which there are two.
Respectfully,
David.

This is where a request I had made earlier would be handy.  I still am hoping to get the feature implemented where in all instances of a word gets highlighted when searched for using the "Find".  This will show visually all instances and therby serve the purpose David is also hoping for.

Cheers
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2004, 07:01:08 am »

Sorry, can't edit as I'm not registered.

until such a feature comes in, I guess I'll have to besides using the win32pad, continue using the last freeware version of the Emeditor (1.27) that does this!
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2004, 11:11:40 pm »

I've been using win32pad as a notepad replacement for a while now, and I had to keep ms's notepad around for two reasons:

1) win32pad can't handle unicode files

2) I can't find an option to print in a fixed-pitch font.

Would it be possible to get those fixed so I can delete ms's notepad once and for all?

Also, while I'm here, win32pad is small, but doesn't load as fast as ms's notepad ( for small files - but much faster for large files ), and it uses a lot more ram than notepad. Would be nice if some attention could be paid to those issues.

Thanks,

Royce3
Tags:
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: