[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 02:38:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.3.3 Feedback  (Read 115013 times)
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2003, 09:33:19 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 25 2003,09:24)
Hi,

I've downloaded the Win32Pad application (great app!), but my txt files won't open in it, fore some reason the files won't associate with it, how do I fix this?

Thanks,

Navin

Did you download the Setup or the ZIP file? The setup should setup all the associations, also you could run the same setup again and just install it on top of the existing installation.

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2003, 09:37:30 pm »

[clipped]

>Making it configurable and off by default would be perfect, >thanks.

I'll think about adding this.

Also hate to throw out this nitpicks, but here goes:
>- can you limit the length of the filename in the MRU, I have a >really, really long path/filename combo and it's across my >screen on a 1024x768 setting.

This is fixed in my development version already. :)

> add a link to your homepage right on the Help menu

Hm. Nice idea.

> not that I ever use it but the contents & help links don't open >up automatically unless I'm in the win32pad directory.  You >might have to hardcore <apppath> & file into the menu option.

Will need to check this.

> opening a maximized window after minimizing to tray opens it >up in restored view, not maximized

I think I finally fixed it, in my development version.

>- adding associate to more files types as a subsection in the >installer: .log, .csv, .html, .css, etc.  Maybe in filetype groups, >Text, Web, etc.

We should compile the full list with groups, and I'll go and update the installer.  Also I'll check, but I know that there was a small option in the setup that allowed you to open ANY fiile from Windows Explorer's right click menu in Win32Pad.

Gena01

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2003, 02:04:29 am »

Hi. Your program is very good. I am using it to replace the PFE.

I only want to suggest, maybe you want to consider adding capability at the 'find' function (ctrl-f) and 'replace' function (ctrl-h) to find and replace non printable characters such as tab and especially new line (CR/LF)? Sometime I need to split one long line to multiple lines or combine multiple lines to single line.

Thank you for releasing this software as freeware.
therube

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2003, 08:13:38 am »

Option to make the "find" sticky, or a drop down box with the last number of finds listed.
mrtech

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2003, 09:48:27 am »

I appreciate the quick turnarond in responding, here's another tiny nitpik:

- the key that you update for txtfile in the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command) should use the longfilename parameter of "%L" instead of the default "%1" which defaults to the short 8.3 filename

- an entry in the Options menu to clear MRU

Even less important:
- appending version number to the "- win32pad" title extension of the window

- ability to press esc to close the About screen.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2003, 08:42:09 pm »

Quote (mrtech @ Aug. 27 2003,10:48)
I appreciate the quick turnarond in responding, here's another tiny nitpik:

- the key that you update for txtfile in the registry (HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\txtfile\shell\open\command) should use the longfilename parameter of "%L" instead of the default "%1" which defaults to the short 8.3 filename

- an entry in the Options menu to clear MRU

Even less important:
- appending version number to the "- win32pad" title extension of the window

- ability to press esc to close the About screen.

I can see that %L seems to work on Windows 2000, I am just unsure if it will work on Windows 95 box. Is there any more info on using "%L" ?

Gena01
mrtech

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2003, 08:52:20 am »

I can't seem to find any documentation but I'm sure if the OS supports LongFileNames that this should work, I'll keep digging.
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2003, 02:31:52 pm »

I downloaded the setup, and installed Win32Get a couple of times, but it just won't associate with my text files.
Maybe it got something to do with another text editor I installed before Win32get? I downloaded Copywriter first but I didn't like it, but that app did associate with my text files.

But I still use Win32Get, even though I can't open the files directly.
mrtech

« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2003, 04:41:51 pm »

Navin, not sure if you mean Win32Get or Win32Pad, try downloading Win32Pad instead.
« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2003, 11:03:18 am »

My mistake, I meant Win32Pad.
mrtech

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2003, 01:50:37 pm »

So did you download/install win32pad and it still didn't associate .txt?

Try see if another notepad program is running, like in the systray or something. Or if the other program changes the association from it's setting on load up.  win32pad does this with the installer, not each time it runs.

Oh yeah Gena01, that's a feature you can add to the Preferences for all the file types, etc instead of the installer.

Also, I loaded up a Unix formatted file and changed the setting to DOS/WIN from the file menu, without actually changing anything, but the file modified status needs to be triggered in order to enable saving the file in that format.
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2003, 01:56:40 pm »

3 Words:  Multiple Document Interface
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2003, 03:03:40 pm »

Quote (mrtech @ Aug. 29 2003,14:50)
So did you download/install win32pad and it still didn't associate .txt?

Try see if another notepad program is running, like in the systray or something. Or if the other program changes the association from it's setting on load up.  win32pad does this with the installer, not each time it runs.

Oh yeah Gena01, that's a feature you can add to the Preferences for all the file types, etc instead of the installer.

Also, I loaded up a Unix formatted file and changed the setting to DOS/WIN from the file menu, without actually changing anything, but the file modified status needs to be triggered in order to enable saving the file in that format.

Hmm.. I need to check the installer script, I guess that it could be some situation that the installer might not handle properly.

Navin, please run "regedit" and open "My Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt" and check the "Default" value on the right side, it should say "txtfile" in the data column for the "(Default)" name.

Gena01
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2003, 04:03:03 pm »

I Checked it in Regedit, what I see is "txt_auto_file"
and I recognize the icon, it's from some other program I think. What is the next step?
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2003, 04:16:31 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Sep. 01 2003,17:03)
I Checked it in Regedit, what I see is "txt_auto_file"
and I recognize the icon, it's from some other program I think. What is the next step?

I released 1.4.0 version of Win32Pad today, try the new setup file it should fix the problem.

Gena01
Tags:
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: