[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 05:26:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Win32Pad 1.3.3 Feedback  (Read 114992 times)
mrtech

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2003, 08:07:05 am »

Off the current thread, you should add an option to allow single click of url's in files.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2003, 10:26:20 am »

Quote (mrtech @ Aug. 14 2003,09:07)
Off the current thread, you should add an option to allow single click of url's in files.

This was there before, but it was a problem and I changed it to double-click. With single-click you weren't able to select a part of the URL as text.

Gena01
laserlight

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2003, 11:02:22 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 13 2003,11:34)
But if this feature work when selected the part of one line, especially middle one? And as result, the selection is enlarged to all line with indention.

hmm... never noticed Shocked

yeah, I agree that making that replace the selected portion by a tab might actually be more intuitive.
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2003, 10:17:31 am »

Hello,

I use win32pad, and find it the best replacement for notepad. Most others are much bigger, and take much longer to load. However, there a few things in it that could be improved.

Is it possible to select a home directory in a option somwhere instead of always opening the windows directory? Also, to make the show all filter default, so I can see text files with a different extention.

Thanks.
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2003, 01:11:58 pm »

Hi, just wanted to say how much I luv the prog, I've used it for all of my web programming since I got it, up until my brief stint using a Linux computer, where I used gedit. I'm back on Windows now, and back to loving win32pad, but I really miss having multiple files open with the tabs in gedit, so I thought I'd suggest it as a possible future feature, it'd be a real icing on the cake for me, at least. Thanks alot, keep up the good work! ^_^
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 06:47:58 pm »

Hi,
I really like te program and I use it instead of Windows' Notepad at home and at work. I have a suggestion, though: to make the colors more configurable. Besides being able to set the colors for background and font, it would be nice to be able to set the colors for:
- line number background
- line number font
- hyperlinks (blue hyperlinks are hard to see when using a dark background)

Thanks and best regards,
  ciobi
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2003, 10:04:04 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 13 2003,11:34)
About above-mentioned TAB.

It's naturally to indent the multiline block by TAB. But if this feature work when selected the part of one line, especially middle one? And as result, the selection is enlarged to all line with indention. This behaviour looks highly strange for me.
Maybe I am wrong?

In the rest, I shall repeat, I like this Pad. For example, such at first sight an insignificant thing, as length of the selected block...

Best regards
Igor

This is fixed in my development version. (future 1.4.0)

Lots of cool stuff coming. :)

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2003, 10:04:49 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 20 2003,11:17)
Hello,

I use win32pad, and find it the best replacement for notepad. Most others are much bigger, and take much longer to load. However, there a few things in it that could be improved.

Is it possible to select a home directory in a option somwhere instead of always opening the windows directory? Also, to make the show all filter default, so I can see text files with a different extention.

Thanks.

Hmm. I was thinking about home directory thingy and filters window. Will see what I can do about those for the future version(s).

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2003, 10:06:22 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 24 2003,19:47)
Hi,
I really like te program and I use it instead of Windows' Notepad at home and at work. I have a suggestion, though: to make the colors more configurable. Besides being able to set the colors for background and font, it would be nice to be able to set the colors for:
- line number background
- line number font
- hyperlinks (blue hyperlinks are hard to see when using a dark background)

Thanks and best regards,
  ciobi

Hmm.. colors... I should be able to add the configuration for line number colors, need to look if richedit allows color configuration for hyperlinks. This needs a bit of research. And at this point I am going to fix/add the obvious stuff first. But then again you never know.. :)))

So keep the posts coming! :)

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2003, 10:07:43 pm »

I could make it configurable, but I won't set it to single-click as default.  Anybody else wants this in?

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2003, 10:10:31 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 07 2003,21:46)
"Ver 1.3.3 crashed on Windows 2000?"

Hi!

This is a good and small editor.
However, as I upgrade it from 1.0.2
(really old)to 1.3.3(the newest),
it crashes while typing a letter
in Chinese(happened twice).
Is this a known problem?

The OS is Windows 2000 SP4 for
Traditional Chinese. Riched20.dll
has been upgraded to Ver3.0.

Thank you very much.

best regards,
    Boris

Hmm.. first of all I don't know much about Chinese, but I am curious to know more if you can e-mail me more info. Is the character set Unicode? Always? Anything else you can tell me about it?

P.S. I don't speak Chinese, so please write in English. (I do get e-mails in Chinese sometimes.. I just can't read them.. sorry)

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2003, 10:11:34 pm »

Quote (therube @ Aug. 05 2003,15:34)
MRU not working properly.

Not storing paths, so when attempting to open file, reports "Can't open file".

This is fixed in my development version. (upcoming 1.4.0)

Gena01
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2003, 10:12:35 pm »

Quote (Guest @ Aug. 07 2003,06:43)
Couldn't you disable or make an option for disabling smooth scroll - i don't like this?

Explain. If I "disable" smooth scrolling, what do you want it to do?

Gena01
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2003, 08:24:31 am »

Hi,

I've downloaded the Win32Pad application (great app!), but my txt files won't open in it, fore some reason the files won't associate with it, how do I fix this?

Thanks,

Navin
mrtech

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2003, 01:57:35 pm »

Quote (Gena01 @ Aug. 24 2003,23:07)

I could make it configurable, but I won't set it to single-click as default.  Anybody else wants this in?

Gena01

Making it configurable and off by default would be perfect, thanks.

Also hate to throw out this nitpicks, but here goes:
- can you limit the length of the filename in the MRU, I have a really, really long path/filename combo and it's across my screen on a 1024x768 setting.

- add a link to your homepage right on the Help menu

- not that I ever use it but the contents & help links don't open up automatically unless I'm in the win32pad directory.  You might have to hardcore <apppath> & file into the menu option.

- opening a maximized window after minimizing to tray opens it up in restored view, not maximized

- adding associate to more files types as a subsection in the installer: .log, .csv, .html, .css, etc.  Maybe in filetype groups, Text, Web, etc.
Tags:
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: