[Gena01 Logo]
March 18, 2024, 11:54:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Feature requests  (Read 73472 times)
« on: January 26, 2002, 08:58:57 pm »

I am thinking of continuing development of Win32Pad and adding a ton of new features.
I know that various features were suggested in various e-mails and postings. I will use
this forum to make a list of features that might make it into the next release(s).

Gena01
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2002, 11:35:03 am »

What I like most about Win32Pad is its simplicity, speed and ability to handle large files.

Two things I have often wished for are:
1)Simple Line numbering
2)RegEx find/search/replace. A slick way of doing this would be a popup window showing RegEx matches and a link back to that line in the origional file.

Here is a link to a PCRE library for Win32 along with some other interresting GNU utilities ported to Win32:  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617&release_id=70307
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2002, 04:19:42 pm »

Quote (n8f8 @ Feb. 12 2002,11:35)
What I like most about Win32Pad is its simplicity, speed and ability to handle large files.

Two things I have often wished for are:

Here is a link to a PCRE library for Win32 along with some other interresting GNU utilities ported to Win32:  http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617&release_id=70307

1)Simple Line numbering

This one is almost done, still need to optimize it a bit and cleanup the code. I might post a screenshot of the current version sometime soon.

2)RegEx find/search/replace. A slick way of doing this would be a popup window showing RegEx matches and a link back to that line in the origional file.

This might be more complex to implement since currently I am relying on RichEdit to do the searching. At this point this might be the last item on my list. I want to get the rest of the "regular" features in before I add anything of this sort.
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2002, 10:24:16 am »

I was thinking a few ideas for the next version...
I've seen this in many other Notepad substitutes: Have it  display how many times it found and replaced a string in the Find/Replace thing. LIke if it replaces "the" 10 times have it say "Replaced "the" 10 times." or something.
Also I get annoyed with the scroll button on my mouse scrolling down 3 lines at a time in Win32Pad, but I enjoy it in Internet Explorer. Maybe an option to scroll down X number of lines with the mouse button?
And maybe a Save As quick key? (like how Save has Ctrl+S, maybe a  keyboard shortcut for Save As)
Great program, btw. Use it at school  to substitute Notepad for Web Class :)
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2002, 10:34:44 am »

Quote (Gena01 @ Jan. 26 2002,20:58)
I am thinking of continuing development of Win32Pad and adding a ton of new features.
I know that various features were suggested in various e-mails and postings. I will use
this forum to make a list of features that might make it into the next release(s).

Gena01

add select text in Column Mode function
Duker

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2002, 09:00:35 am »

Hi
Please add Dos charset to this editor. Because I can't read dos txt files.I think a lot of people will agree with me that this feature is necessary.
Gena01
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2002, 04:15:36 pm »

Eugene,

You can use "Terminal" Font already with Win32Pad and it should have support for DOS
characters.

Gena01
Duker

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2002, 09:37:29 am »

Sorry
But I can't view russian dos txt using terminal font:(.It works ok only in programs that have dos charset
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2002, 12:40:57 am »

For the most part you need to install a specific Windows Font to be able to view those files. Can you send me a sample (small) text file with the text and I'll see what I can dig up to get it working for you.

Gena01
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: