[Gena01 Logo]
March 28, 2024, 05:06:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Tags Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tab setting  (Read 37761 times)
rgaulin

« on: November 03, 2005, 11:19:48 am »

I am working on a project where I use both C and PHP files.

C files are mandated to use tab at 8
PHP files are mandated to use tab as space at 2

I have been trying to install 2 instance of Win32pad, one associated with PHP files, and the second one associated with C/cpp files.

I have Win32Pad, the original install, configured for PHP. I installed another instance as Win32pd8, the one I want to deal with the C files.

I then did an "open with ..." on a C file, and specified other program as win32pad.exe in win32pd8 directory. Then configured it to the C file spec.

When I open a PHP file, I get the C file settings.

This is not a problem, just an annoyance, since it is not always obvious what setting is current, and I end up messing the files.

I would appreciate some suggestion as to how I can have two independent instance of Win32Pad, each with its own setting.
therube

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 07:22:43 pm »

As of ...
Version 1.5.8: [07/14/2005]
+ Added code to be Windows XP compliant. It will read/write to user's Application directory if win32pad.ini is not found in the same directory as win32pad.exe

So, copy win32pad.ini into each of your win32pad directories - win32pad, & win32pd8.

Open win32pad.exe from each directory, modify your tabs as you wish. Exit win32pad, & restart.  Now each win32pad should open with its' own settings.

My father does just this, though with font sizes changed instead of tab settings.
rgaulin

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 08:17:14 pm »

Thank you,

This works very well now
Tags:
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: